Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Boredumb posted:

Interested to see what they do for Skate. Hopefully its good.

I've been playing a lot of Session which has been a lot of fun.

I've been on the other side playing some Skater XL lately. Strong mod community and I really like the way they do tricks with the thumb sticks. Full version comes out the end of July!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I saw a guy dressed head to toe in white on a OW and he tried to speed up a hill but he leaned too far forward and bit the nose of the deck in the dirt and launched himself six feet ahead into the grass.

He didn't seem all that surprised.

It's the biggest issue with them. From what I understand when you go too fast it causes the board to slow itself, which causes the nose to dip, which then hits the ground and ejects you. It's a bad enough problem that people put aftermarket tiny wheels on the front so it hits those and keeps rolling instead of stopping immediately.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

OW seems needlessly weird. Maybe I'm missing something but whats the big advantage over just doing a regular board with a motor? Do people really love hover/lean style control that much?

Yes, turns out people will pay a lot of money for something with less functionality and stability but makes you look like you're from the future.

I first saw them at burning man which seemed like an ideal area for them, massive open flat desert. I'm sure I'd have a lot of fun dicking around on one, but it's firmly under the "expensive toys I will use three times and then never again" category. Maybe when they're cheaper.

Claes Oldenburger fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 16, 2020

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!

All those tricks were nuts but I love the chill vibes of Robert Neals. I'm sure it took him a lot of tries but when he gets it, it's just so smooth.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!

Squeezy Farm posted:

id never seen these real street vids and i just watched the non best trick one. chase webb's part is insane

Holy drat you weren't kidding. Real good poo poo.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lmfao I like how the Mason Silva part just turns into a series of enders at the halfway point. Like any 5 of those tricks from the preview pic on would have been quite sufficient to close out with. Christ.

Also whoever designed that rail in the preview pic must have known what they were doing. Cmon now.

The craziest thing to me is the speed he needs to clear the cutout chunks of that rail. Dude is ripping from start to finish and flies down it, both out of necessity, and because he's a madman.