Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I haven't skated in years. What's the cheapest way to get back into this, short of buying a Wal-Mart board? :v:

I've been looking around online a bit, and it seems like most complete decks are $80-100. Are there any viable options for less? I suppose I could try assembling myself, but I don't know how much that will really save versus ordering a complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Any suggestions on where to buy a decent complete for $60-80 in NYC? Is that doable, or is it too low for anything but Craigslist?

(looking for I guess a "standard" board, i.e. symmetrical and curves up at both ends. So not a Penny or a longboard or a crazy retro thing)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

enojy posted:

Edit2: Whatever you do, do not buy ANYTHING from their "Complete Skateboards" category. This is clearly for parents of 12-year old kids who want a skateboard for Christmas/Easter/their birthday, but "not one of those crappy Wal-Mart skateboards."

:ohdear: I didn't know there was actually anything in-between between "Wal-Mart" and "skate shop." Just assumed that once you were paying more than $50 for a board it would probably be something usable.

I might be able to do $90-100, but definitely not more than that. Would like to buy local if possible so I could get a feel for the board before buying, but I'll keep CCS in mind.