Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
A long time ago, I got a longboard for christmas and it was awesome. However the thing is a monster and it doesn't fit in back of my car anymore. I'm seriously considering getting something that looks like a real skateboard and doesn't carry the stigma of carrying a massive board around. I've been looking into the Krooked Zip Zagger, mainly because it's a lot shorter and closer to a real board than what I currently have. I have seen a couple of them in person and love the shape. I could use my connection at my local skate shop and just get them to order the deck and just put my current hardware (with new bolts and other stuff of course) and then ride off into the sunset on a better board. Has anyone ever road this board before and is it worth for a guy who would be mainly cruising around his street and maybe the local park that has flat ground or am I better off getting something that is a lot more cruiser oriented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

ZanderZ posted:

The Zip Zinger or the Zig Zagger?

It depends on the environment. Also, when you say "my current hardware," what are you talking about? What type of trucks/wheels do you have?

It looks like it requires smaller wheels and . I feel like anything more than 65mm will give off a good deal of bite.

Unless you like to carve really hard turns, I'd say go for it. Zumies has a pretty cool set up and it's only $100. (Probably because the barrings are poo poo, but that doesn't matter, you'll replace them eventually)

http://www.zumiez.com/krooked-skateboards-zip-zinger-complete-skateboard.html

If I were to set up that deck, I'd go with...

Wheels: http://gfhboards.com/i-909943-chubbies-smoke-longboard-skateboard-wheel.html

Trucks: http://gfhboards.com/i-139437-tracker-129-darts.html

I'm sure if you get any 1/4 risers, it will eliminate any possible bite.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about which one I want. I think that I want the Zagger, the Zinger seem too small for my tastes.

My current set up is some 65mm Sector 9 Wheels and I think Independent Stage VII or IX trucks, which ever ones came out around 2000. Hope that helps any.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Horizontal Tree posted:

Holy shiiiit Tony Hawk and Andy Macdonald doubles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PpD9z_309Y

I still remember either during the Gravity Games or one of the X Games, I forget witch because it was in the late 90s after all, when vert doubles was still a big thing and Andy and Tony were partners. I remember during one of the finals, Tony hops off his board and walks over to the edge of the coping and held his board right at his waist, like in did in this video. But instead of flipping the board to Andy, he held it in place and allowed him to basically stall on his board while he held it. I think they won because the judges didn't know how to score it.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting one of those Stereo or Penny Cruisers, just because they're so dope looking and it would be easier to carry around in back of my car. Anyone have any experience with them yet and if so how are they? Are they worth the time or are they crap.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Greenplastic posted:

Nike SB Chronicles Vol. 1! (Unless it's older than I think?)

Youness Amrani and Lewis Marnell's parts are two of my favorite of all time! So tight.

When's part 2 anyway? It's been almost a year (I think) since we saw the first on. It's so much better than decent Nothing But the Truth.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Froodulous posted:

This just got posted in the .gif thread in pyf. It's pretty cool.

Anything Koston does, with the exception of making his instagram feed being nothing but him flpping something off, is very interesting. I've personally never seen him do that before, but it was smooth as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I somehow had no idea that Ryan Sheckler was...well, Ryan Sheckler. I assumed he just had a girl-crush army, not a reality show based girl-crush loving DEATH STAR.

Oh trust me, it's pretty loving terrible. I went to a demo like three years ago, right before my local skateshop closed down all together, and Sheckler was one of the pros that was supposed to be there. Normally there' maybe 50 kids there, mostly guys, with the exception of one girl whose there because she's one of the guys, but this time around there were at least 40 girls. I go get my picture with Sheckler, and that was the last I saw of him. He disappeared in a crowd of at least 20 girls. It's pretty sad.