Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

mike12345 posted:

According to the guy at the skate shop, I can expect to buy a new board every month. IF I keep using it a lot. That leaves me a little bit worried. I think me practicing pop-shove-its was the culprit, some awful foot positioning there (when landing/trying to land).

You'd have to be skating incredibly hard or have awful technique to go through boards that quickly. I've been skating for about 15 years and get a new board about once a year. Even when I was younger and used to throw myself down stairs It was only like once every six months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

soggybagel posted:

Okay I'm going to have to respectfully but completely disagree. If you are skating a ton (which of course is an extremely subjective word) you can expect to go through decks fast. 1 new board a year would be on the far low end if you're skating a good amount...technique aside.

The type of skating you do probably has a lot to do with it as well. I spend most of my time skating ramps which is a lot less stressful on the board. If you're boardsliding jagged rocks or hitting 10+ stairsets regularly then I can see a board a month being plausible.

I'm also quite light (~135lbs) so that probably has something to do with it.

open24hours fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 16, 2009