Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WildZeo
Feb 28, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Does anyone have that one video that was posted in here of the guy who is like, blessed by god when it comes to his bailing skill? He does this incredible mid-air tuck and turn and turns all the momentum into a kind of springing motion to his feet from even the worst kinda bails. The vid was a compilation of a few of them

Sounds like Na-Kel Smith, there's 3 parts of this so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPVnx3IJWVA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WildZeo
Feb 28, 2011

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Can someone else post a video of them doing a lovely kick flip so it's not just me.

I started skating again at the beginning of the first lockdown here in the UK, when the gyms shut and I couldn't do powerlifting anymore. I'm still super heavy (280-ish pounds) but I'm getting pretty confident again. Super stoked to get my tre-flips back after a 20 year break. Took me a while to get them on this bank.

https://i.imgur.com/LIr5SUg.mp4

Still can't do Heelflips though.

WildZeo
Feb 28, 2011

God DAMMIT.

Actually I won't even post a video of me doing a kick flip because I'm so bad at them. Like it's technically right but nobody wants to see that.

To be fair, that's a pretty nice heelflip. I'd love to be able to do those, I should really go back to them.

WildZeo
Feb 28, 2011

I can never find a shape I like so I said screw it and decided to just make my own. I got an uncut blank with a truck jig relatively cheap from a place nearby (Scouthut Skateboards). Spent a week or so messing about with shape ideas then went for it. Cut on a home bandsaw and edged with a rasp and sandpaper. Couple coats of yacht varnish to seal it, then a quick masking tape paint job.

9.25" wide with no taper
14.5" WB
Square nose and Popsicle tail
Ace Classic 66
57mm Dogtown 97a wheels

While not perfect I really like it so far, could do with making the tail a little bit longer as it's a bit stubby. Definitely going to try again once this one is dead!

WildZeo
Feb 28, 2011

Dude that rules. Do you have any photos of the process?

Like did you just freehand feed it into the bandsaw?

Unfortunately not, I only took a few photos while making it.

I free handed it and left about half an inch outside the template then used a rasp and sandpaper to get it down the last bit and make sure the edges were round.

WildZeo
Feb 28, 2011

Altared State posted:

Looks like a Welcome Skateboards shape

It's actually just the Jeff Grosso shape with no taper and a rounded off tail. I find it hard to pop flips properly on a fishtail. Not that I do many flips in the bowl...

WildZeo
Feb 28, 2011

It's only taken six months and a lot of emails and direct messages but I've finally managed to get some Pro-designed wrist guards to the UK.

They've been great on my last few skates, feel like I should've bought 2 pairs now though. Now I can throw myself around the bowl with a bit more confidence.

WildZeo
Feb 28, 2011

Laserface posted:

Well I didnt wear my kneepads or elbow pads and guess what happened?

Wore wrist guards so my hands are fine. everything is is cut up from going too fast, wobbles and ending up hitting a fence.

my pride is more scarred than anything else but I'll be back at it in a week or two. might Tighten up the trucks a bit.

I only wear my knee pads when I'm skating in bowls, they've saved me a couple times.

But I always wear wrist guards regardless of what I'm skating. It amazes me watching people tearing around the bowl with zero protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WildZeo
Feb 28, 2011

Fun little video from my local indoor park

https://youtu.be/y3Xaabdn7AQ