Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Megadrive posted:

I've damaged the board already obviously by trying to ollie and shuvit so I can't exactly take it back or anything.

WHAT?! What horrible skate shop wouldn't let you return a board you broke trying to ollie/shuvit?! That thing is a piece of poo poo and they should at least let you pick out a new deck, free of charge.

If you've thrashed it time after time, that's one thing. If it broke/cracked from a couple attempts at tricks, you should totally be able to return it. Obviously skate shops don't have to honor any sort of return policy, but the good ones will cut you some slack if it's a genuinely lovely/faulty product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Megadrive posted:

Like XIII said, I've damaged the tails underneath by popping it while trying to do tricks on it/accidentally skating into stuff. It's not snapped or anything crazy like that. :p

Oh, ok, so it's pretty definitely your fault then and not just a defunct deck.

maffew buildings posted:

yeah i get pretty bummed when i can't return a board i can't land a trick on or get pissed off and focus too

This looks like it was written by a 1st grader in computer keyboarding class, so I can't tell if it's a snaky comment against the claim I made, or what.

Either way, I typically buy my gear from Eastern Border in Nashua NH. One of the decks I bought got a pressure crack after a day's worth of skating. I showed it to them, showed them my receipt to prove that it's roughly a day old and they let me pick out a new deck. I shop there fairly often, so they know I'm not a con artist or anything like that. Plus, it had no other signs of abuse/damage aside from that pressure crack.

I think it's a fair policy. A board should be durable enough to ride and/or do tricks on. After a couple days, it's more or less your problem.

cname fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 7, 2013