Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!
I'm really curious to ask the folks in this thread of what they think of Punisher boards. I noticed these are like half price compared to a lot of like "real" skateboards and are on like every mainstream online store like Amazon (they're even being sold at my local Kohl's apparently) and I'm just sitting here thinking "what's the catch?".

Forgive me if I'm opening up a can of worms, but I was just wondering. Like are the actual decks fragile? Can you even turn on these things? Are they good for really anything other than casual cruising? I've looked up online what people thought and I got a lot of mixed opinions and very little real useful information.

edit: I see Braille often peddles these in their videos apparently and that alone doesn't put me in good opinion of them

Captain Sheepy fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Dec 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!
Thanks, that was more or less what I expected. I was also already eyeing at some complete boards for around the same price, the ones you linked seem like good choices too! As a sort of New Years resolution, I was looking for something to help get me more active that's fun enough to commit to and coincidentally just got obsessed with watching like skate parts on Youtube over the holiday season.

It's already quite warm and sunny where I live, so I don't even really have to wait until then to really start shredding.