Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded
Old board:

New board just ordered:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded

donJonSwan posted:

Arbor's are beautiful.

Is that thing bamboo?

Yup, bamboo. They have the same board made out of koa, too.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded
If it's the direction of your toes, that's frontside.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded
No order. Just practice what you want to trick.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded

Snap Your Fingers posted:

This is possibly the best skateboarding video I've ever seen: http://video.mpora.com/watch/csygIS69R/

Definitely not the best, Fully Flared puts this one to shame. The camera work was well done though.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded

VROOM VROOM posted:

I just started riding, got a longboard to cruise/get around on and jesus christ skateboarding uses a completely different set of muscles than anything else I've done, I'm dying :sweatdrop: I thought I was in pretty decent shape.
I look like an idiot stopping every few seconds, but I've only fallen once (flat on my rear end trying to go off a curb) and I'm learning - on the last leg of my ride today I figured out "bend your knees you tard, makes things a lot easier to control".

Now I just need to learn a decent way to stop instead of hurling myself at my lawn and hoping I'll be able to stay on my feet and run out of momentum before I hit something. v:shobon:v

Try to carve out of the speed. If you have hard enough wheels you can powerslide to a stop. If not, just use your pushing foot to brake, even if it means just dangling your foot on the side of the board to hit the ground.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded
Anyone feel the difference between Reds and Super Reds? They feel and skate like the exact same bearing.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded

RobotEmpire posted:

I didn't deliberately loosen them. Maybe I'm just getting more comfortable on the board and can lean farther/harder on the longboard so it feels like it's more agile.

What kind of trucks do you have for your longboard? If you have Gullwings that have the kingpin located on the outside then you should loosen them a little bit, especially if you're getting more comfortable on the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded
Can anyone chime in on ceramic bearings? Worth the money? I skate a longboard around a city and eat up a lot of dirt and grime into my bearings.