Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

Another ten year skater here, I work at a small shop in town.

This is my latest project.

Powell made these wicked re-issue boards, so I grabbed one and threw some Indy 169's (10 frigging inches across) on it and some 60 wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

The broken bones posted:

this is so goddamn sick

Took it for a rip the first time tonight at the plaza and it is ridiculous dude. Powerslides over the brick hip feel 80's gnarly.

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

Total Fat Guy posted:

That's pretty cheap! Skateboard parts here are stupidly expensive. A decent board is about 70 and a complete will be around 300. It sucks.

Not too sure about the complete for $300 man. The shop I work at sells our completes at $189.99, and that includes pro everything. AND i'm in Canada.

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

donJonSwan posted:

The new Etnies Japan 2008 video is awesome, it's up on the Blog portion of their site right now.

Sean Malto and Mikey Taylor are loving amazing, I swear Malto has god damned magnets on his feet - either he has some savant style muscle memory or he's a robot.

I would be genuinely shocked if Malto doesn't get Skater of the Year for 2009.

Malto and Mike Mo are going to have to throw down for it, it's a pretty close race.

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

Total Fat Guy posted:

I remember paying 300 for a complete 5 years ago or so, in montréal. Where in canada are you?

New Brunswick. If we're dealing with 5 years ago, prices have changed a LOT since then. A deck will run you around $75 now as opposed to $95 2 years ago.

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

Total Fat Guy posted:

I'm back from the 'shop and holy gently caress, prices have dropped ! 110$ for a complete (not pro though). I got some destructo trucks, spitfire wheels, bones reds and the deck is basically a shop one. From what I've heard they're as good as pro decks, and much cheaper. Total came at 180 bucks. The grip and hardware were free, and they gave me a few stickers, haha. This rules.

Too bad it's raining and its not getting any better for the week... Lame ._.

Yeah dude there's nothing wrong with shop decks. Our company decks are made on the same presses as Cliche and Zoo York, but they're like $40 cheaper.

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

It started snowing here yesterday, so it looks like i'm back to miniramp until April.

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

soggybagel posted:

If you go to https://www.feelinminnesota.com now you can watch the entire movie now.

Did you get to work with Davis Torgerson at all? After seeing his part in Boondoggle I have been nothing but down with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

blue squares posted:

Just ordered a new helium element deck. Pretty excited to try it out, should be here in a couple weeks or so. I couldn't find out from the website if it came with griptape or not, so I threw in some cool blue tape. Anybody ever tried one of these decks?

The biggest downfall with those decks is that a. helium expands and contracts, and b. there are major weak spots from the pockets. At the shop I worked at we had an older one sitting at the bottom of the deck pile. I put it near the heater out back for a few hours to test my hypothesis and the drat pockets started to bubble. I'd imagine skating in the cold would cause the pockets to become major weak spots as the helium contracts.

Moral of the story keep it away from excessive heat or cold.

Really goes for all decks I guess.