Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xThrasheRx
Jul 12, 2005

Surrealistic

Whalley posted:

Finally got to a skate park with a friend of mine. It turns out dropping in is loving terrifying when you're 25 and have only been skating for six odd months. I couldn't do it on the smallest quarterpipe there :blush:

I have learned how to land on the board though, finally, and popped a decent ollie and landed rolling away on cement :woop: and kicked rear end all over this cool funbox until I did something inside my foot that I don't understand but I still can't walk right without there being pain. There's no swelling or anything four hours later, but yeah.

dropping in has always been a loving mind gently caress even when I was young and skated, its A ok until you get that time when you are to tired and dont push it down properly, ouchie

I've also started skating again for what its worth, skated for maybe 4 years 10 years ago, found my old board! a ATM Ben Liversedge 7.667 board with thunder trucks and spitfire 54mm wheels, changed the bearings and now its pretty nice :) after riding for like 3 days I can pop a good sized ollie, do a fs 180 and pop shove it haha, but its fun though! :) thinking about getting a 8" board or maybe even a 8.125 board for my size 12 feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xThrasheRx
Jul 12, 2005

Surrealistic
Just went skating in our super nice outdoor skatepark here in Linköping, Sweden soo much fun just riding around, hit up a couple of boardslides and grinds to! yay! ;D

http://www.skateboardpark.com/skateboardpark/viewpark.asp?ID=1854

edit: better images here although in Swedish:

http://old.tacky.se/skateboard/spotguide/spotguide_list_spots.asp?view=1&SpotID=987

xThrasheRx
Jul 12, 2005

Surrealistic

Sirkus posted:

I've had bikers try and spit on me when I've skated on the bike path.

lol wtf? id like to see a biker try this on me, and no this is not a gbs tough guy post its just a wtf are you doing I will throw my board in your wheel-post

xThrasheRx
Jul 12, 2005

Surrealistic
I bought a set of Sector 9 cosmics bearings from my friend who runs a longboard shop, they run awesome, I thought I had ruined them though but it was just my silly rear end who had damaged the shields when I pushed them in and out of different wheels to try them out so when i removed the shields on both sides they run INSANELY good now...

so thats a tip if you have problems with pretty new bearings :)

xThrasheRx
Jul 12, 2005

Surrealistic

Whalley posted:

Honestly no comply impossibles look cooler than ollie impossibles

is that you mike vallely???????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xThrasheRx
Jul 12, 2005

Surrealistic
thats not bad for 2 months, skateboarding is hard and takes time