Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006

Bucket Joneses posted:

I've never even pondered learning to pump switch. Is that something that people do? Like when pros ride switch do they pump switch too? I've always just pumped regular and then turned around with a hop or flipped myself and the board around as I'm moving.

Yes, especially with the younger pro's. Most of the older pro's still push mongo for switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006

RollingBoBo posted:

gently caress the rain in Montreal. It isn't that cold so I thought I'd get a few days of riding before the cold came but it's just so goddamn rainy i can't do poo poo.

I hear that... I've been waiting for a nice sunny day so I can head up the mountain and skate those ledges one more time before it gets too crappy out.

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
A couple of months ago skatefriendly sent me a bunch of boards to try out with my friends:

Gripped and ready to go

He included grip too which is really awesome, definitely a steal for decks at that price. Usually I'm pretty skeptical with blank boards but the quality on these are awesome. The first thing I noticed when I stepped on the board was how stiff it was. (Bucket Joneses: it is scientifically proven that if you skate a skatefriendly you will, in fact, learn huge 3 flips.)

I usually ride DLX boards or Studio's but I'd definitely get these boards again. The homies were really psyched on the boards and the responses were all positive. The only gripe is that they don't make a board in my size 8.125!

We filmed a small edit with the boards recently, it'll be up as soon as one of us decides to edit it.

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

:smug: My go to tricks aren't gay :durr:
So can anyone name any notable skaters who are competitive assholes?
gently caress that guy.

edit: Maybe Steve Rocco?

Forrest doesn't skate transition? What is he even doing in this? That's pretty lame. It seems like that should be some sort of requirement as long as we are making skateboard competition reality shows.

What about Mango? He doesn't seem to skate anything.

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006

Hurm. posted:

Look at this loving picture!

Click here for the full 803x1213 image.

Read the Pastras interview on the chrome ball incident!

http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2010/11/chrome-ball-interview-17-chris-pastras.html

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
Anyone have a spare set of Indy 149's kicking around they want to get rid of for cheap?

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
"Hey you guys want a midnight snack?"

I think Forrest is hilarious, they really lucked out with the personalities this year.

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
I think he was making a lot of money with World (co-ownership).

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
Road report: Roads have been getting clearer and clearer in Montreal, skated some flat today with the crew. My three flips used to be the first trick I did with good consistency, but now it seems like I have to relearn how to do them proper again. On the plus side my kickflips used to be decent or rocketflips, now I can get them to suck up into my feet.

Feels great to be on the board again, can't wait for this years road trip to Creemore Springs brewery and barn mini ramp.

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
Just went to the Real video premiere, Busenitz has an AMAZING part.

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
Speaking of Toronto, we're heading there and beyond to Windsor with stops in Ganonoque, Belleville, Orillia (barn), and Creemore Springs brewery. There'll be a montage at the end of the trip and we're pressing our own zine (a manly version of scrapbooking). I'll try and update every once and a while with pictures but since we're camping in the cars and some tents there may not be internet access.

It's going to be a blast and anyone who is in any of those places is welcome to join us. Guaranteed no bad vibes and lots of booze. Oh and we also picked up a megaphone this time around.

Edit: We leave Wednesday.

Sirkus fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 17, 2011

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
I just got back from an awesome skate trip.

Here are some pictures from one of the guys on the trip. We spent a lot of time at the barn and the ramp again. You can find the complete set(s) of pictures on http://fyours.wordpress.com/. There were 6 guys on the trip and everyone had a camera. The video is underway, there is a ton of footage to edit but I'll post it here once it's done!

Seems like we always get a rainbow.

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
Here is a small montage my friend made, it has some clips from the trip and some Montreal. The maintage coming soon!

http://fyours.wordpress.com/2011/06/27/to-consquiglio/

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
You can skate like Reynolds if you just eat lots of fruit (source: Forest Edwards).

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
Annual Montreal -> Barn trip montage!

http://vimeo.com/29634888

The second song was recorded at like 3 in the morning around the campfire and many beers crushed. We had a pal come along that had never skated before but just came for the good vibes, he learned to drop in- it was awesome!

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
What size is it?

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
That board is easily too small for ya. Your best bet is finding something around 32" L and 8" W or bigger.

Edit: whoops, didn't realize that it was a 'cruiser' type board. Thought you meant a Tom Penny board, sorry don't know if those will fit ya!

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006

Sgt. Pepper09 posted:

Feels good to be watching skate videos frequently again. What's new on the horizon? I know that deathwish video is coming out soon right?

Girl/Chocolate video in 2012. Nike video just came out, Shake Junt video has some good parts, Sk8mafia video is free on https://www.hellaclips.com Studio's video should be coming out in the spring.

As far as short clips go... The SLAP one in a million is going to start releasing soon and Thrasher King of the Road already has episode 1 out. Oh and the Menace Epicly Later'd is on episode 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
This one has been up for at least four hours so here ya go!

http://www.zapiks.com/alien-workshop-video.html