Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
Alright I'm finally catching up on the first few seasons that I missed while I was at college and I cannot for the life of me find the song that was playing on the radio in the finale of season 2 when Ronnie, Shane and Lem are in the dump truck. The song isn't mentioned on wikipedia and I can't make out enough of the lyrics to get a search hit on google.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it and edited the wiki myself.

SneakySneaks fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 1, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
Law and Order is like the herpes of television. No matter how many people try and cure it there will always be whores to keep spreading it around. Those comments are baffling though, how can anyone forget a show like The Shield (unless that woman isn't acknowledging it's existence because it's a cable show).

EDIT: \/\/\/

It was better than almost every other network cop show on air. Not Shield, Breaking Bad, or Mad Men level, but it was fairly entertaining.

SneakySneaks fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 11, 2010

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Pedro De Heredia posted:

The Emmys are completely absurd, though. At least Chiklis had that one win. Ian Mcshane lost to James fuckin' Spader for crying out loud.

They are back on track with Best Actor now though, Cranston is leaps and bounds better than everyone else and deserves the two he's received, even though the golden globes refuse to even mention Breaking Bad. The Shield is the show I always used to point to when arguing about the Emmys. It was the best show other than The Wire (sorry Ishmael I thought The Sopranos sucked after season 4) and didn't receive jack poo poo after season 1.

EDIT: Also The Shield had one of the best soundtracks to any tv show. I was surprised looking through I-Tunes at how many songs from this, Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad I have.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Meh, Sons of Anarchy is massively inferior to The Shield.

It suffers from less contrast between deeds and characters, since everyone is already a criminal; their criminal acts don't feel as tense, and there's much less tension regarding possible capture or anything of the sort.

In The Shield on the other hand even the idea of being captured wrecks your poo poo.

Season 1 was pretty average, but still better than most shows on tv. Season 2 was on the same level as Mad Men, The Shield, The Wire and Breaking Bad. Watch season 2 if you haven't already because it made SOA one of the best shows on tv. Also I can't wait to see Goggins in Justified even though it looks like he might only be a guest star.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

frumpsnake posted:

I just finished the first two seasons and I'm really enjoying it, but I do have one minor nitpick. It does feel a little sloppily directed at time with mouths not moving during audible lines, boom mics in shot, continuity between cuts etc.

That's because the show was shot for a 4:3 aspect ratio and the dvds are all 16:9. All of the stuff that was initially cut out of the frame has turned up again. Shawn Ryan said the show was meant to be a 4:3 show even though the dvds clearly are not.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

canadianclassic posted:

Some discussion about earlier in the show: What'd you guys think Dutch was feeling when he killed the cat in his yard? Do you think he was just too curious about what it felt like to kill something, and felt he needed to do it to be a better detective; or, do you think he actually has a "killer instinct" himself?

I always thought he was too horrified with himself to even rationally digest it. It was the only real violent act we've seen or even suppose he committed. I think realized he's capable of murder but is too much of a good person to do anything about it. Also don't worry about Dutch's world view, there's a reason why the actors wife was cast as the attorney that gave him her number at the end.

SneakySneaks fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

User-Friendly posted:

I thought the FCC didn't control cable?

They don't, some people don't realize that and think they have the right to complain.

• Locked thread