Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulhu Homeslice
Jun 20, 2007

This is a great thread. Good progress so far... Keep it up man.

Gotta love those smooth running inline engines.

I have plans in the back of my head to put together an early pickup as a daily driver. You know, once the Alpine is on the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhu Homeslice
Jun 20, 2007

Mooecow posted:

Yea, I could have the clutch redone, but it is cheaper and much easier to just buy one that is already redone from Autozone. The problem is with the pressure plate. It is in poor shape and is unusable as it is. I am not sure if they are serviceable or if I need to track down a new one. None of the auto parts stores lists new/rebuilt pressure plates. :(

I would shy away from AutoPwn. Might I suggest JP Tadduni LLC?

http://www.ctautomotivespecialties.com/index.html

They have a place they send all of their clutches. I imagine if they can rebuild the clutch and cover for a sunbeam alpine then this will be a walk in the park. It took them about a week and I think it was about $200.

My machine shop was impressed with what they gave me back compared to what I gave them.

Cthulhu Homeslice
Jun 20, 2007

Fuckin A.

• Locked thread