Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Mooecow posted:

While working on the hood I realized I hadn't looked into where my hood ornament came from. I knew it wasn't correct for the truck, but I had no idea beyond that. After looking at hundreds of different ones, I think I found it. I am pretty sure it came off a 53' or 54' Oldsmobile. I bet LobsterboyX will be along shortly to correct me if I am wrong.

It's a '53/'54 olds all right. There's one fairly cheap on eBay that looks like it would be a bit easier to polish and clearcoat than yours.

Because, you know, you have to keep the ornament on that truck. It's beautiful, like this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Mooecow posted:

I wouldn't call it a professional job by any stretch. I would say it's a ten foot paint job. Which, for something I plan on driving the wheels off of, is perfectly fine for me. I found that the Hotrodders forum had a ton of good info. There were a lot of little tips and tricks that I picked up just by lurking over there.

Computer Science. I am a goon after all, so I don't think that is too surprising. ;)

Here are the fenders out in the sunlight.

Seconding the 5-foot paintjob, not 10. Those look excellent! Your turn signal lenses are on backwards, though. Red should be to the rear, amber to the front.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Just in case you decide you want to paint the Divco in something a little more flashy than its original Ferndale livery, you could always use some styling cues from this commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrkrFTuUAMA

But seriously, it's shaping up great. Keep up the good work and thanks for all the neat photos.

• Locked thread