Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
you need to learn something right now.

Purple power and a pressure washer for 99% of all grease and grime cleaning needs.

SOOOO much faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
and just why aren't you upgrading to all disc brakes mister? :colbert:

Seriously though, this is an awesome build, and keep up the great work!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
best option is to use a urethane enamel primer and paint with at least two coats of clear.

It's tough as nails, and looks great.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mooecow posted:

Hypothetically, if I was to be picking up a 235 on Sunday, what would be the safest way to secure it? I was thinking about using a dead tire and just sitting it on top of that and using a couple of ratcheting tie downs to hold it in place.

I only have to hypothetically go 30 miles, so that should be fine, right?

Thats perfectly fine. I would just lay the engine down in the bed of a truck and strap it down/shove stuff next to it. 30 miles isn't all that bad.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
at the bare minimum rip the oil pan off of her and check the bearings :) As for the flywheel I used a pretty rough pad on my air grinder on my flywheel and didn't stay in one spot for long and it came out perfectly fine. If you aren't comfortable with that a shop will do it for fairly cheap.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Yeah, either you are going to have to add lead, or you need to replace the valve stems now while the head is right there. If adding lead is fine for ya then good job! :)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SpeedFreek posted:

This, do it now and get it over with. You made it too far to end up with a huge oil leak when you start driving it around.

Get the FMS while your at it. Just in case.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Oil pans are supposed to be black good sir! :colbert:

But seriously, it looks wonderful and I am glad to see everything coming together :)
Is the new water pump at least galvanized?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I wish my engine parts turned into an apple crisp :smith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I don't think you guys get it. Broken engine part? BAM, apple crisp, spun bearing? Apple Crisp!

This is technology I would pay BIG monies for.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So what's next?

He knows what he must do :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

Defiantly buy that ebay truck, restoring that example you have is an impossibility unless you willing to dump in 20 years or 20K bucks.

I guess he was wrong! :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

Hey, we don't know the total dollars spent yet!

It certainly wasn't 20 years though.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
All of you saying he finished are wrong, and have never had project cars.

Project cars are never finished; ever. Keep this thread open, for there will always be updates of what he does next.

Edit* I bet that the majority of the cost in this project went towards new tools, it seems like he didn't have much when he started. I could be wrong though.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 11, 2011

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
How about he fucks up the truck a bit and throws a modernish chevy straight 6 in it so he can go 75? Not that I would be upset if he didn't, but I wouldn't be upset if he did either.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Original sucks. Put a 2jzgte or a rb25det in there. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

RexSS345 posted:

From the first page. You rock Mooecow.

He got one of those things correct. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Your speedo lies. That truck can't go 90.

It wants a rb26dett in it. :v:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Admit it, you just want to rebuild the dairy back to it's glory days don't you? :v:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
strip it and move it through a media blaster. See how much of it falls apart.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
If you don't make this into a ice cream truck and make a fortune during the summer, I will be really disappointing in you. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Mooecow Dairy Truck Projects ICE CREAM FRESH EGGS

Keep up the wonderful work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
That frame is more new metal than old metal. :stare:

• Locked thread