Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Okay, now what you do is chop the cabin, section the floor so it sits lower on the frame, and drop the whole thing to the ground :v:

Really loving that cabin though, I'd keep it just as it is, a lot of the ACVW guys use wax to keep their rust patina looking its best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Dividend Special posted:

Why did you remove the artwork on the doors?

Read the thread. That was his spare door.

Also, still loving this project. You're making bloody good progress.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Mooecow posted:

Yea, I am going for a full respray. Yea, if I didn't have to do all the patches I probably would have left it alone. With all the patches it would have looked terrible.

If you had the talent (or time) you could've quite easily blended in any patches with the original paint, though there really is an art to it.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Fayez Butts posted:

come on, it still sucks. You've got like three different fonts there -- including arial which is design blasphemy -- and everything's been stretched/skewed to some awful degree.

And that's not even mentioning the terrible kerning or the fact that it looks nothing like the original.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Yeah I've pulled apart running engines in worse condition than that (Granted, it was a VW aircooled and it was only barely running ...).

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Moruitelda posted:

vvv It is. Just lots of naked Asian women.

... look closer.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Pilsner posted:

What the... looks like only 3 cylinders get air in, and 3 cylinders have an exhaust? It's a combined intake/exhaust?

Look at the above pictures of the manifold again.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

frozenphil posted:

Congrats! That first drive, no matter what messes up during it, is pretty much the best part of a project.

And how would you know :v:

Well done Mooecow, you've taken that heap a long way.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Skyssx posted:

Agreed. Patina is like selling someone on a slap in the face being a beneficial medical procedure. If you had an original Winchester 1898 shotgun that had been wiped and oiled daily and stored in a nitrogen filled safe, and one that got a "patina" sitting in a barn, the one that was meticulously cared for would be worth far more.

I'm not sure what you're going for there but you definitely got your analogies mixed up. Pretty sure that the winchester with the patina would be worth more than the one that once had patina but is now mostly new parts.

Though this thread isn't about any of that, it's about what Mooecow wants to do to his truck and doing a drat good job of it.

I HATE CARS fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 18, 2010

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

Seeing this makes me really, genuinely mad. There is absolutely no need for every vehicle on the road today to be monstrously huge outside of "MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS" syndrome. For gently caress's sake, we have sports cars that are almost as tall as that truck now.

I think you need your eyes checked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

I'm not arguing that people don't want big vehicles, the problem is that it's an ongoing arms race that forces ALL vehicles to get bigger so they don't get run over. Yes, bigger vehicles are "safer" insofar as the smaller vehicle is the one that gets screwed. So with every passing year they get bigger and bigger in a constant game of one-upsmanship.

Yes, people want big vehicles and auto manufacturers are more than happy to supply them. The problem is that even the small cars have to get much, MUCH bigger in order to not get murdered out there on the open road. It's a self-perpetuating cycle. BUTBUBTBUT I HAVE TO BUY A BIGGER CAR BECAUSE THE NEIGHBORS ALL HAVE BIGGER CARS AND ITS SAFER AND I DONT WANT TO SEEM LESS SUCCESSFUL etc. etc. etc., repeat ad infinitum.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Shut the gently caress up and let Mooecow have his awesome thread.

• Locked thread