Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Impressive as hell!

I honestly thought you'd bitten off more than one man could chew when I saw the first photos back when you began. You've made great headway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm still amazed how you've taken a pile of rust in the vague shape of a truck and had so much success turning it back into a vehicle.

Good luck with the engine.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Mooecow posted:

Did you get a new badge, or have you been idly polishing the old one?

"Soon, baby. Daddy's gonna make it all better."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
You ever have one of those times, when you're looking at something totally familiar but, due to some peculiarity of angle, you just can't tell what the hell it is you're seeing?

That's what happened when I saw the latest picture. I was trying to make the rear of the vehicle become the front and the bottom of the cab become the rear window :psyduck:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
This is easily my favourite thread in AI. It's mesmerising watching this grand old truck come back to life.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Mooecow posted:

Painting with bees.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Every time you update, I'm more and more amazed at the transformation from rust bucket to actual truck.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Mooecow posted:

The weather looks like it will be alright on Sunday, so if all goes well I should have an engine by Sunday afternoon. :)

Well blow me down, congratulations!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
With the engine in place, once you start it the truck counts as technically alive again.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Yay! Great work, congratulations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'll say it's worth it. You're working miracles.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Well now, will you look at that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Pipkin posted:

That right there is a beautiful goddamn thing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's not a proper man cave unless you can take a crap in there, too.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Magnificent! I can't wait to see it in daylight.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Truly astonishing. It looks perfect. Well done.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Every single time I see the original I'm totally blown away by what you've accomplished here.

Simply amazing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Simply amazing. Seriously man, that is something to be proud of.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Sexual Lorax posted:

Do you see where I'm going with this? The dildo is a part of that van's personality at this point. You need to find a way to keep it in the van.

This must be done.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Oh, I'd pay to listen in on that phone call.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Still the best thread in AI by a country mile.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Every time I see it like that, it looks like an old horse-drawn milk float.

And because it got me wondering - why are they called floats? The best I could find on the internet is "nobody knows."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Hooray, it's not dead! Can't wait for the updates.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I will never grow tired of this thread. Watching misshapen rust turn back into a beautiful old vehicle is goddamn magical.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I supposed you'd need all that wheel gap when you have it loaded with a couple tonnes of milk.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Rust Martialis posted:

This is always the best feel-good thread.

It's up there with the thread about puppies for putting a smile on my face.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
The results are incredible, but manually sanding all of that would have driven me insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Still the best thread :munch:

• Locked thread