Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Rubiks Pubes posted:

airbags... LED taillights... Boyd Coddington billets ... rat rod style

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH. Boyd and "rat".

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Wow, thats hosed. Its possible its just a few stuck rings. But then, you've been soaking it in MMO or something, right?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
I'd hit that nice new core with a thin coat of flat black paint.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Mooecow posted:

I also have to look at the rear main seal. There are a couple of drops of oil on the floor near the rear of the engine that weren't there before.

The flywheel should be back from getting machined tomorrow, so I am going to order a clutch kit within the next week or so. Between the flywheel machining, clutch kit, water pump, and adapter plate, this engine is bleeding me dry really fast. :( It is completely worth it though. :)
Don't skimp on the RMS. It doesn't take much in the way of oil to completely hose a clutch/flywheel. Its a bitch to replace, but worth it for the longevity of the engine and clutch.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Oilpans are nearly my #1 LEAST favorite thing to deal with. Jesus, 900 bolts, multi-piece, or at best multi-directional, gaskets... upside down, etc. poo poo work, I tell ya.

Nice to see it coming together.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Definitely helicoil, or some other thread insert. Rotella is great oil, we run it in the lobster boat (CAT 3406E, now Lugger 6140AL2).

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

ratbert90 posted:

I don't think you guys get it. Broken engine part? BAM, apple crisp, spun bearing? Apple Crisp!

This is technology I would pay BIG monies for.

Roadkill? BAM, Squirrel Crisp.

Wait, I don't think that's ri

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Destination LE's are great tires, my mom has them on her Axiom. Very good, quiet, and grippy.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

One time years ago I lived in a place with a "mouse problem" (a polite way of saying my home was infested with vermin, ugh). One night I heard a weird noise and went out to the garage and there was this tiny little mouse in one of my big orange Home Depot buckets. It was jumping, over and over and over, trying to get out, but it was a good six inches short on every jump.

It would have been in there for hours probably, jumping and jumping as long as its little teeny mouse muscles could manage, before eventually becoming so exhausted that it would just lie there, staring up at the hole above it could never get to, shivering and terrified. Perhaps if it was a lucky mouse it would die quickly, its tiny little mouse heart giving out from the strain.

I let it go in Golden Gate Park. Probably owl or hawk food, but I just didn't have the heart to kill it.

Anyway I'd totally forgotten about that until just now so I felt like sharing.

Sounds like a good time for the mouse to go for a swim in the ocean!

And I :love: the plastic cow in the back... fuckin' great.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Bucephalus posted:

16" > 8"

HAhahah. So true.
Of course, jackstands are adjustable.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Sponge! posted:

There's a PTO port on the T9 if I'm reading right, which means you can probably acquire a WARN overdrive for it. At least then you could actually POSSIBLY hit 60 and still have 500 rpm to redline.
Or make it a PTI (Power Take IN), and stick another motor feeding it.... BWAHAHAHA.

In all seriousness, good luck, you never cease to amaze.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Awesome. We all live vicariously through you. I'm just speechless... Flying and driving a box truck loaded with Divco parts.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Mooecow posted:

All the original gauges were pretty well shot so I decided to just get all new gauges. I have a new 70MPH speedo that I'm going to install as well.

At this point everything but the side doors & some misc trim have been painted. Unfortunately its way too cold now to paint them so they'll have to wait for spring.

I've got to say, those are classy gauges. I can't wait to see the rest of this done, you've done amazing work thusfar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
So so psyched to see replies....

And they are a series of awesome developments!

Congrats, and I, of course, can't wait to see it painted either.

• Locked thread