Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CNJ05
Jun 1, 2005

LobsterboyX posted:

i would try to save the cab, it wont be pretty, but i think patina rules all

I agree. Makes good practice *and* you can brag about how you restored it later :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CNJ05
Jun 1, 2005
You're making excellent progress so far. :) Glad you decided to try to save the cab as it really isn't beyond repair, and even if you do give up on it you'll have gained valuable auto body repair knowledge.

CNJ05
Jun 1, 2005
That looks amazing! It really is true that a fresh coat of paint can bring new life into things. :)

CNJ05
Jun 1, 2005
I noticed in that "before" picture of the bumper that you have Armstrong tires, which stopped being manufactured about 20 years ago when they got bought out by Pirelli. Frankly, I'm surprised they still hold air and that the sidewall didn't bubble when you filled them up again!

Also, I really admire the progress you've made and that you haven't given up or lost interest. Congrats on making it thus far -- hope things continue going well for you! :)

CNJ05
Jun 1, 2005
It's not going to handle properly without the bed on there. There's no weight over the back wheels and the suspension wasn't designed for that. I wouldn't completely rule out highway driving until the truck is back to the way it's supposed to be -- weighed down with all accessories/the bed/etc.

Speaking of the bed, when do you estimate you'll have it back on the truck by?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CNJ05
Jun 1, 2005
I know it's been said plenty of times before, but once again -- you did an AMAZING job! Congratulations on finishing the truck. :) Hope it gives you many years of faithful service. I can only imagine how happy your relatives must be to see the truck up and running again.

• Locked thread