Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!
I think restoring the Chassis so It is a roller first would be the best Idea..Because that bodywork will be heartbreaking.

Channel the sukka, You know you want it on the weeds! And a Paxton supercharger....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Landshark posted:

I also think you made the correct decision on saving the cab. You can do it, even if you run into issues, you can backtrack and fix it.

Besides, now I don't look like the only crazy bastard on AI jumping off the deep end on rust repair.

He actually may be the leader in the frigin insane stakes...Lets see the Bed first.

Ps I like Crazy people....

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

My father told me a story of a Rusted solid Mini motor he had.Stuck the thing into a drum of Diesel for a week and it unlocked.

The method I have used is pour oil ( which consisted of sump oil and old ATF from various spills in the gararge) in the bores till it started leaking past the Rings, Then I Wiggled the crankshaft every now and then.

Moral of this story, Used sump oil is mightly good stuff! A rubber mallet also comes in handy because the rings are going to be shot . So a love tap wont hurt.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Ok, Its KB's lessons in bodgy!

Your kink is repairable with some care and a anvil ( I use the end of the fence....) By gently tapping the kink with a hammer whilst holding it on a hard surface the kink will come out ( and the bend will unbend a bit)

Yes ugly.. But it works.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Ive been thinking of the paintjob....... See, To be truly oldschool you must paintbrush the thing.

But Im assuming you have a life.

2 Pac cant be beat for durability but it will look too plastiky So I thought why dont you brush on a layer of Hifil and sand it back so its still slightly "Brushy" then spraypaint it.

Light cutback and presto.

Comedy option of spraying the car in matt red tinted to look like lead oxide primer , Paint over with blue and sand back so it looks like it does now.

It still needs a paxton supercharger however.....

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

The correct method of fixing old sheetmetal involves using a Oxy to "Shrink " the metal.

Believe ot or not , That rear guard is easily fixable.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

And the best thing about trying the paint out..... You just filled in all those stupid tiny scratches.

Block it back and volia!

Add one vote for the "new" Blue.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

I think some pitting gives character. I like it.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

If you notice in your last picture , One lifter has a clip.

One doesnt.

To be perfectly honest, Fix the lifter clips, Stick it in the truck and start it. Its the only way to see if its good or bad!

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 14, 2009

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Kotaru posted:

Not AI enough. Lower it to the ground and hold it with your engine lift. Fill it with oil, run a gas line from a 5 gallon can to the fuel pump and attach a battery to the stater. Start it with a screw driver and mind the fan.

Well, I would have it sitting on the tyres myself.... But we dont know just how mad Mooecow is!

And I would attach a radiator because once its going you dont want to stop it!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Helmet Jap posted:

EDIT: I SUCK. Will the mods be kind enough to delete the uploaded photo? I uploaded as an attachment and now all of AI can laugh at me for being so stereotypical and NOT READ.

Kaptainballistikitis!!

Dont feel bad, I dit it to my Facebook group.... :(

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Wonky compression on a motor that sat really isnt a big issue. Its to be expected. If a ring has grabbed its going to definetly have isues.

Nothing that running it wont fix.

Rip the head off, Pop the valves out and wirebrush them clean, Decoke the head , Chuck it together and start the thing.

If you really get keen lap the valves.

If it has issues after a few hours then start worrying.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Me being the forum nong suggests just doing a quick decarbon and Valve stem seal job.

Guides are going to start making it expensive. Its the smart thing to do but its a OHV head, Ripping it off later really isnt that hard . Just get it going first and see whats up with it.

Ghetto valve compressors can be made with a dril press and a u pronged attachment. And use a suspension rubber to take up the valve clearance whilst you are compressing it.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

From urban dictonary..

In Australian slang, nong is used as a pretty mild and/or endearing insult. a bit of a twit, or idiot. nothing too mean or horrid is meant by calling someone a nong.

See? Im the nong!!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

See, I would fix your carby problems differently.

A set of extractors and a set of tripple webbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

I was watching cold case and they had a Person who had copped a Hood ornament, I instantly thought " Chev Truck" when I saw the hood ornament!.

• Locked thread