Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009
Thank you for the great OP, Policenaut. I only managed about 5 pages in the first thread before I ordered my copy. I haven't put a lot of time into it yet, but I managed to get to the boss of 1-2 last night where I was promptly squashed by his shield after clearing out the crossbows. Tonight, revenge is mine. Or I die again.

Loving the game, thanks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009
I have a question I couldn't find an answer to in the wiki. I just beat the boss of 2-3 and noticed that between the two harpoons is a giant FF7 looking sword sticking out of the ground. The only problem being it's blocked by rubble on both sides. How does one get to that?

Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009
Well, crap. Thanks for the quick responses guys. I'm not really trying for world tendency on my first play through, but I'll remember that the next time.

Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009
What the hell? I just loaded my game and the blue phantom NPC that sits in front of the world 1 stone was gone and in his place was a traditional hero's soul.

I know that the Silent Chief guy kills NPC's in the Nexus, but I don't recall ever finding him.

Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009

Tortolia posted:

That guy dies after you talk to him a certain number of times.

Wait. So...he's the spiritual personification of my chances with women??? From Software are a bunch of bastards. Thanks for the info.

Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Same, except I run up to them naked and unarmed in 4-2 RIGHT as they finish some skeletons and proceed to headbutt them off the side. That's gotta be embarassing... I hope they have friends watching their shame.

Wow. Thats cruel. Funny, but cruel.

I just finished 5-2 and so far this world is shaping up to be my least favorite. I hate dark levels, caves, and status ailments. I took great satisfaction in fire arrowing the Dirty Colossus to death. Sadly, I only have this and world 3 left before I hit up the end game.

Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009
I get far too much pleasure from Google translations. From the linked Japanese Wiki description of the thief class:

"Good dagger and surprise surprise the light therefore, the higher the chance a short bow. And a lot of trouble, "Parry"'s fatal wound by hand and included."

I'm playing as a thief. You can bet your rear end I'm yelling "Surprise surprise!!" after all back stabs from now on.

Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009
The PvP in this has been pissing me off for awhile now. It seems like whenever I get my body back and I move on to the next level trying to actually do something, some jackass comes running in and ruins my poo poo. So I'm on my way to try using some Rage of God on Maneater with a Ring of Magical Sharpness to see if that'll help me beat him when mister black phantom breaks in.

So I hide around the corner of the first circular building after crossing the narrow walkways and sit there for about 5 minutes ready to cast. Phantom comes running by and up the stairs behind me, casting Rage starts, he turns around, BAM. Goes down like a mofo.

Cheap and unimaginative? Yes. Am I smug with satisfaction? You bet.

*Edited for verb tense. I are dumb*

Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009
Do unused Demon's Souls carry over to ng+? For example, I'd like to use Old Hero's soul to make the sword of searching, but I don't have the ore for it and don't feel like farming this run through.

Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009
Does anyone know what the update yesterday was for? I'm assuming it just fixed the things they buggered with the last one. I did notice that the meat clever was restoring health again.

Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. Waffles posted:

It says "no Region protection" just making sure this is the one I want, I can play this on a 40gig American PS3 correct?

It will play just fine. It'll even detect that English is the default language on your PS3 and change audio and subs accordingly.

I can understand the urge to play immediately, but you do know that it's being officially released in North America this fall, right?

Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009

Sheep posted:

I figure I'll move on to either Flamelurker or start working on 5-1 tonight. I have no way to kill those gigantic fire beetles in 2-1 without getting them stuck in the terrain though. And screw 4-1 for a while, that area is just annoying. At least 1/2/3-1 were cool and didn't have giant flying manta rays that shoot tails at you.

Guess I get to try to ninjasteal that falchion before I make a go at 2-1 though :sigh:

If you equip the Thief Ring the mantas will really only annoy in a couple of parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009

Jon93 posted:

So I just learned that the NA Version will be on different servers, which kinda sucks.

Anyone gonna re-buy it to play with people on NA servers?

I pre-ordered the NA version as soon as it was announced despite having imported it months ago. I don't even really want to play on NA servers, I just want a sequel.

• Locked thread