Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Amppelix posted:

If invaders run away you can pretty safely ignore them, especially in a level like 4-2 which is a straight line to the finish with no sniping opportunities or other such things.

What's the fast way to pass the dragon in 1-4? Because I am definitely not pelting him with 100 arrows every time only to die to him on the stairs and do it again. I've tried various ways of baiting his fire then running in but he always seems to get me right before the door.

There is also a spot on the stairs about halfway up, around some columns, where he can't hit you with his attacks. It's not too hard to get up the stairs, especially if you have Biorr with you distracting him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lets hang out posted:

Potato Marshal is a hero

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Read posted:

Post what level you are and the time you're going to do the end of Tower of Latria when you get there, imo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Awesome! posted:

but only if you do it all in one sitting because if you quit you get reset to the server median and then have no more bosses to kill

of course, it looks like killing invading phantoms also moves world tendency white but i probably have about a .01% chance of killing an invader at this point in the game's life.

If you want to dick around with world tendancies before you finish this playthrough or when you do a next one, just get a buddy to invade and let you kill them. Or start doing co-op and help kill bosses in the world you want changed. Killing the dragons in Boletaria also shifts toward white iirc. I like world tendancy quite a bit but pure white can be a bitch. Black is ridiculously easy to get and thankfully the one used when farming mats.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

^^^ this

Though I really do want to know what's beyond the broken archstone.

Sony plz

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Awesome! posted:

you dont need to kill the red or blue dragons

Though there is something very satisfying about downing the red one with 300ish perfectly timed arrows over the course of nearly an hour, on a fresh save.

... Or maybe the souls have driven me insane.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Read posted:

The fact that this thread is still fairly consistently active makes me happy. Game is so fuckin' good.

One might even say it's the best Souls game ........

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

If you aren't against cheese you can kill the first thru the fog door. If this is your first time playing I wouldn't recommend it, though.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

1-1 is such a great level and sets the basic tone of the game so well. I never mind running through it again.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

MonsieurChoc posted:

Tower of Latria is best level in any of the Souls games;

(I have yet to finish any of the other Souls game, and 3 and Bloodborne not at all)

#truth

(#truth)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Going to have to hook up my triple and start a new run. I need a couple more proper Old Monk fights before it becomes impossible.

Maybe if we whine enough they'll bring it back again like last time....

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, world tendancy doesn't change til you load to tje Nexus iirc. Online or off.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I guess I'll wait til the server maint is done and see if that's fixed anything before I start a new run. If the servers remain hosed I'm in no rush b/c offline will be available forever.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Umbasa, y'all.

Only a handful of days left til the servers shut down, eh? What do we figure the odds are on them leaving it up for a couple more weeks to make up for how hosed the servers were all last month?

I really should hook up my PS3 and troll some people in 4-2 before it goes away.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DrNutt posted:

Holy poo poo everyone look at the monster.

But it's so fun tricking people into aggroing Graverobber Blige ...

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mr. Flunchy posted:

If you're in NG+ can you assist/invade people in NG?

Maybe??? if their SL is so jacked it's in range of yours, or yours is low enough. I'm not 100% sure tbh. But probably not.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Manatee Cannon posted:

e: I figure the only reason we haven't had a ps4 remaster already is because sony didn't secure the publishing rights to the game outside of japan when it was first released

Probably. drat shame, too. I bet they could have made bank if they re-released it on PS4, especially with how much of a bomb the Xbone launch was-- whole lotta new PlayStation customers who hadn't played DeS yet, and Souls was at it's height of popularity still.

Though one has to wonder if the amount of time it would take to port DeS from that crazy PS3 architecture would be worth the time/money in the end. I'd like to think they'd break even if not make a profit.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I can't think of any explictly Sony owned IP that has gone to PC, either. Stuff exclusive to Sony that gets released on PC, sure, but outright owned idk.

Like SFV has a PC version and they partially funded the game, but they don't own Street Fighter so that's a diff story.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

v1ld posted:

DeS uses Sony's PhyreEngine that works on PS4 (and PC and XBox). So does Dark Souls which is coming to the new consoles. I remember reading that From worked with Sony's engine team on the game. I don't think tech is the blocker for a PS4 update.

Oh, nice. I always wondered if it would be as complicated as some other PS3 games or not. Figured the work done to port DaS2/etc up to PS4 was done mostly off of the 360 or PC versions.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Max Wilco posted:

There's also the possibility that someone (most likely FromSoft or Bandai Namco) could buy the Demon's Souls IP from Sony.

I'll be honest; I would like to see Demon's Souls get ported to PC. It's not as nice looking as Dark Souls, but it's still got some really nice environments, and being able to see them in a higher resolution in a version that's optimized to 60FPS (and if not that, then at least optimized to eliminate all the slowdown). However, I'd be happier if it got ported onto other systems as well. I know companies push for it, and I know there are technical limitations in a lot of cases, but exclusivity is one aspect of the video game industry that really irks me.

Have you seen the game emulated in higher than 720? Some of those textures are loving delicious. DeS is a very nice looking game still.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGXHrmfQrzs

DeS is after Ni No Kuni

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Max Wilco posted:

That's what I've heard, and I have considered that route. Truth be told, though, I don't know that much about PSTV. It does seems pretty cheap ($60 on Amazon), and you've also got the PS1 Classic accessible through it as well. If it's the same thing I'm thinking of, though, didn't a lot of people complain about it having input delay because all the games are streamed to the device?

Again, though, it's the case where you have to buy another device just so you can play a single game. Sixty dollars isn't a huge sum, and it seems like you've got a pretty large library. However, it's still something that feels silly to do when it seems like it would be possible to do on the PS4 (though from what I remember, the reason why the PS4 isn't backward compatible is because the architecture changed.)

Nah, unless I'm also thinking of a different device it's just a Vita you hook up to your TV. You might be thinking of the PSNow service? Which I think you can use on the Vita TV.

e: could use PS Now on the Vita TV, rather. It was discontinued there last year, I guess, as well as on the regular Vita and PS3. Only avail on PS4 and PC any more.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 26, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

And bear in mind there are a handful of Vita titles not compatible with the PSTV/Vita TV. P4 Golden is one that definitely works tho, afaik. You still get an extensive library for such a small buy in price, since afaik any non Vita games you could buy on the Vita's PSN Store should all work with it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Is that still EU only? I'd be glad to test out any NA custom server that goes up, assuming I'm around whenever it happens.

Hope it works out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

So Waypoint as usual.

• Locked thread