Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Senor Bambos
Aug 6, 2004

Inspired to post these pictures by this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3117747. This goon has the right idea - we all have neighbors who do "suspicious" things. Why not investigate?

Place: The Roseland family home. Two houses down from my own.

Former Occupants: Mr. and Mrs. Roseland. Their daughter Jennifer. Their son Joseph.

Abandoned: One week ago.

Why: They are visiting relatives in Akron, Ohio.

This house has been a haunting figure of my life for many and many years. July 2006, I asked Jennifer Roseland on a date with me. She told me that she was seeing Robert Sparks from school already. Robert Sparks used to laugh at me when I would correct the teacher in English class. Robert Sparks was an rear end in a top hat. What could have happened at her home to make her self-esteem so low that she would seek validation from such an awful person? One of the many mysteries of the Roseland family home.

Built sometime in the '70s, the Roseland family home has stood proudly as a neighborhood fixture over the years. I have been inside it exactly seven times. Joseph Roseland invited me over for a sleepover once. I had trouble sleeping that night. The blanket he gave me smelled odd.

Strangeness continues...

The Roselands keep a key to their home under their welcome mat. Why do they do this? I do not know, but I am thankful for the act. Casually observing Jennifer one day, I noticed her reaching under the mat for the key. I have been using it to explore the premises when they are absent ever since.

Yes, Urban Exploration is in some cases illegal, but as long as you obey the code ("take nothing but photographs - leave nothing but footprints"), you are morally in the right.

So let's get this pony show started.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Their fireplace. Note how barren this area of the house is. Soot covers the area in front of the fireplace - perhaps misused by vandals? A very sad photograph, one of my favorites.

The basement area. There is a sort of makeshift living room down here. The open door leads into a and sparsely decorated bedroom. Joseph's, I believe. He is living here while attending community college. (This was a very creepy area of the house - constantly felt I like was being watched)

Joseph's bed. It smelled very strange. Perhaps dope (marijuana)? Will investigate further in future trips.

The bathroom connected to Joseph's bedroom. Looks like it hasn't been worked on since the early '90s. Absolutely beautiful in its antiquity.

Common sight for any urban explorer.

Storage and laundry area also on the basement level. My favorite thing about this picture is the bra randomly strewn. Smelled it - didn't smell like Jennifer. Strange.

Strange picture in the storage area. Haven't exactly figured out what the contraption in the middle is supposed to do. Sure is eerie, though.

Let's head upstairs.

Dog toys indicated a dog had once lived here. I do not recall ever seeing one, though I'll admit I have heard some barking in the area... Hrmm.

No, I did not leave that copy of Caddyshack next to the small church. I did get a kick out of the juxtaposition, though.

"Are they all fakes?" you think. The answer? Only some, surprisingly.

A dining area. No, I did not taste the beverages left behind. I do not drink - I am not a wasteoid. And who knows if it's safe anyway...

Dog cage - further evidence of a hound existing here at some point. Empty, though. There was a couple of sections of newspaper laying around. If I had to guess, I'd say it was a little over a week old. Just left out to yellow up and crinkle.

If any goons could identify the weird thing framed here, that would be very much appreciated. Still baffled by it.

Creepy hallway leading to the Jennifer's bedroom and a closet-type thing. Wish I had gotten better pictures of those paintings. Very creepy, they were.

This picture of a Furby in Jennifer's room was the last thing I managed to snap a shot of before my imagination got to me (thought I kept hearing a car pull up into the driveway), and I bailed on the place. I'd left the lights on for too long anyway.

I'm hoping to go back there sometime before the family comes home, and I'll definitely update the thread when I do. Probably will have to be a day trip, though. Sorry guys, I'm a bit of a puss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buggerlugs
Aug 27, 2003

"All right, Bellamy came on at Liverpool and did well, but everybody
thinks that he's the saviour, he's Jesus Christ. He's not Jesus Christ"

Wow, you're one creepy fucker.

aMoose
Nov 26, 2005
He who fucks nuns will later join the church.

You're a creepy motherfucker.

Edit- Also how is this even 'exploration'? It's a loving house you've already been in you weirdo.

stevefukkinc
Oct 10, 2004
TUB-THUMPING,
PAROCHIAL
McKNOB

Good work, the pictures are incrimination filled fun-fest!!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

mater dolorosa

What in the gently caress made you think this was not only a good idea, but a good enough idea to warrant a thread?

chajusong
Oct 18, 2002

You are a creepshit.

TAG BODY SPRAY
Jan 25, 2006

You are one creepy rear end mother fucker.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Do you really think you should be trespassing in your neighbors' house

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!

You know, you probably don't want to leave evidence of being a creepy dude and a criminal to boot in a post on the internet.

Unless these are actually pictures of your own house and this is all just a big joke. In which case, good going, I guess.

Senor Bambos
Aug 6, 2004

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

Do you really think you should be trespassing in your neighbors' house

Urban Exploration.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Well played.

neolithic
Jan 10, 2005

He's a complicated man,
but no one understands
him but his woman.

I hope they find this thread somehow

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005

There's no way this is real, this is not morally right, no code validates this, you're full of loving poo poo, gently caress you, I hope you die, and that Satan makes you speak in run on sentences for ever more, you arsehole.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

You break into a house and don't even sniff panties?

You are human garbage.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

This is amazing.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

When I first read the thread, I thought maybe your neighbors had asked you to watch their house for them, feed their dog, etc. Then I started reading captions and had to re-read your intro again.

... you broke into their house while they are on vacation to take uninteresting pictures of their basement and family room?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

I'm just gonna watch this thread until someone inevitably sends it to the Roselands.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

GARETH MORGAN

Senor Bambos posted:

I asked Jennifer Roseland on a date with me. She told me that she was seeing Robert Sparks from school already. Robert Sparks used to laugh at me when I would correct the teacher in English class. Robert Sparks was an rear end in a top hat.
So would I.

So many things wrong with this thread.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Requesting pictures of the pantry, it would be interesting to see what kinds of food people kept around last week.

BillyRubin
Dec 16, 2005
"Oh, and Senator, just one more thing."

Come clean. Are you urban exploring your own house? That's your bra, isn't it? You just wanted it to sound cooler so you made up this Jennifer person. That's your Furby.

Hey, you know, don't feel bad. It's okay to own a Furby. Just, come clean man. You'll feel better.

Edit:

marketingman posted:

this is not morally right [...] I hope you die

Whoa, okay. Chill out buddy, it's okay. Worst case scenario he went into a house. Don't wish death on the guy.

BillyRubin fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 14, 2009

Tom Gorman
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Jesus christ

Senor Bambos
Aug 6, 2004

BillyRubin posted:

Come clean. Are you urban exploring your own house? That's your bra, isn't it? You just wanted it to sound cooler so you made up this Jennifer person. That's your Furby.

Hey, you know, don't feel bad. It's okay to own a Furby. Just, come clean man. You'll feel better.

I had a Furby, and it had green scalp and blue fur. Broke ages ago, though.

Arch Stanton
Nov 23, 2003
EYEBALLS AND TONGUES DON'T MIX EW EW EW EW EW

Looking forward to your "Urbex: My neighbor's daughter" thread.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Soiled Meat

gently caress yeah, this rules

Great exploration thread, dogg

rally9x
Feb 2, 2005

I'll admit I haven't been on the forums much lately, but are their really all kinds of people that don't understand funny now? When did this happen?

Awesome UrbEx, I think that device you couldn't figure out is some how used for making strong ropes, and then testing them by attaching them to the weights.

aMoose
Nov 26, 2005
He who fucks nuns will later join the church.

MrCodeDude posted:

... you broke into their house while they are on vacation to take uninteresting pictures of their basement and family room?

He didn't break in he used a key! Read the drat OP.

Nice exploration Bambos, really love the fireplace pic. Definitely very poignant somehow. As someone who sometimes partakes in urban exploration, I definitely 'get' these pics, if you know what I mean.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

UrbEx: My dumbass parent's house (where I still live)

theImmortalWombat
Apr 14, 2005

edit:

haha! I just saw the link to the other thread. This is a very funny thing you've done here.

theImmortalWombat fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 14, 2009

BillyRubin
Dec 16, 2005
"Oh, and Senator, just one more thing."

Senor Bambos posted:

I had a Furby, and it had green scalp and blue fur. Broke ages ago, though.

Mine was black and white. He was freaking awesome, until one day he spontaneously combusted.

Chief Smackahoe
Apr 10, 2008

Malleus Maleficarum posted:

I'm just gonna watch this thread until someone inevitably sends it to the Roselands.

Or the Roselands are found dead.

tokidoki
Feb 23, 2006

Damn bunnies!

I'm sorry but I think this is hilarious.

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006

Fun Shoe

You should at least clean that shower for them. It looks terrible.

Arrg
Jul 23, 2005

by Ozmaugh

Eagerly awaiting the arrest of the OP. Way to give out far too much personal information.

Senor Bambos
Aug 6, 2004

Mystery Steve posted:

You should at least clean that shower for them. It looks terrible.

Smelled even worse than it looked. My grandparents lived in the country when I was little, and one spring their basement (full of all sorts of random poo poo) flooded. It was just like that - an awful, dank smell.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

kcer posted:

Well played.
Definitely. I am impressed. I'd say something clever but I don't think I've read enough UrbEx threads.

I honestly don't know what is better, this or the replies.
edit: your avatar is definitely better than either.

JEBUS_ES_AMOR
Sep 17, 2004

JEBUS IS LOVE

Urban exploration is about big interesting abandoned places, not trespassing your neighbors house, you weird creepy motherfucker. Of course this could be a big joke, so lets see what happens.

Easty
Sep 25, 2008

This is a fakepost and it's actually your house.
Right?

...Right?

Keyga
Apr 12, 2006

Making you feel guilty for all the salted snails, one lick at a time.

I'm not one to generally be creeped out by stuff posted on SA. But you sir, have just officially weirded the gently caress out of me.
Sure, there's curiosity in everyone.. but.. pics? Seriously? Dude..

Senor Bambos
Aug 6, 2004

Easty posted:

This is a fakepost and it's actually your house.
Right?

...Right?

To all the people who will say this is my house: no, it is not. In fact, I'm currently in the process of moving to Indianapolis. Pictures of the inside of my house would be as interesting as pictures of a bunch of boxes filled with stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anavi
Oct 21, 2005

Mirrors and copulation are abominable, for they multiply the number of mankind.

You have a very artistic eye. Great pictures!