Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Selling my 2021 Kawi Z900 in the Chapel Hill, NC area. Listed for 8.5k but will work with goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I've got a 2020 Triumph Street Triple RS with 343 miles on it for sale in Arizona. Goon price is $10k.
Needs nothing, was just never ever ridden by the original owner.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Selling a Rev'it Airwave 3 jacket in Grey/Anthracite, size Medium. Wore it for maybe 1-2 short rides before I found something that fit a lot better, but it was too late to return it; it's still in like-new condition (has been stored on a hanger in a garment bag). I also have the Rev'it Seesoft back protector that fits it. $150 for both + shipping, or local pickup in Seattle.

bizwank fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 5, 2023

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
edit: i wear a large, disregard earlier interest post

IM DAY DAY IRL fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 13, 2022

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

I am looking to buy a Honda CT125 either from the US or from Asia as it would need to be shipped to Europe anyway. I know they are like 1800USD when purchased in Vietnam but I know nobody there to ship me one to the EU. This is all probably a bad idea but I was wondering if the goon hivemind help me out here.

Ally McBeal Wiki
Aug 15, 2002

TheFraggot
They appear rare, but there are a few in the EU. I've seen ads from both the Netherlands and Belgium. More from Netherlands.

and while you're at it, ship me a Minsk.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Ally McBeal Wiki posted:

They appear rare, but there are a few in the EU. I've seen ads from both the Netherlands and Belgium. More from Netherlands.

and while you're at it, ship me a Minsk.

Those in the Netherlands are imported from Japan and retail for about 7500~8000 EUR, Honda Europe simply does not import the CT125 and this is allegedly because of emission standards and the slightly different gear ratio of the CT.
Meh, I'll just get a Supercub 125 and make some modifications.

Keetron fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 12, 2022

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Sold.

Kastivich fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 13, 2022

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest

Kastivich posted:

Givi MT502 Metro-T

Comes with rain cover and mounting straps. Good condition. No damage, just a few scuffs. I made the switch to a hard tail case and this no longer works for me.

More info here: https://motoliberty.com/product/givi-mt502-metro-t/

Located north of Raleigh, NC, 27587. I'd like to get $50.

This would be perfect for my use case, totally interested! ( I tried to shoot a PM but doesn't seem to allow me. Unfortunately I'm not local but if you're able to estimate shipping to 94541 I'd totally pay the shipping )

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Sold.

Kastivich fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 13, 2022

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

EDIT: SOLD

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 21, 2023

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

SOLD

1999 DR650
Fort Collins Colorado
31,000 miles

Neutral Sending Unit bolts are Loctited.
Suspension is factory lowered, front and rear. Can be reset to stock height. Rear shock is a KYB rebuild by Factory Connection. I'm honestly not sure what's been added to the fork but fairly certain it's got some aftermarket valving or emulators. It's very well balanced and responsive, a definite upgrade from stock DR suspension but not boutique stuff.
Muffler is from a GSXR1300, standard upgrade
Airbox has been cut, K&N filter, and the cover was left off when I got it. I've since bolted on a piece of plexiglass over the cover portion with good results.
Carb I have not had it open, but for a motivated buyer I'll take it apart and tell you jet sizes and any mods I find. I assume that it has been modified to match the airbox and can. I've never once had an issue with bogging or lean. Very responsive throttle for an old tractor.
Plastics are aftermarket. The windscreen is one I made from a trashcan, it's ~2 mm ABS and ridiculously sturdy. I'm actually pretty proud of how that turned out. Easy enough to remove though.
Handlebars are aftermarket (not a boutique brand) taper and raised 1".
Stock seat and OEM rack
Tires Michelin T63, at least half their life left
Brakes have been serviced within the past 1000 miles, rotors are good and pads are pretty new EBC HH sintered
Other switched power fused SAE plug and USB charger, built and installed by yours truly; Raptor manual petcock; some kind of HID headlight; for $50 more I'll put the Happy Camper side luggage racks back on if they don't sell on ADVRider first.
Battery always kept on tender during non-riding stretches.

Aside from a potential need for a carb clean, it's honestly probably ready for a fly and ride. Oil change is less than a year old with only 500 miles on it tops. I've never had an issue with this bike of any kind.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 11, 2023

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Plastics are aftermarket. The windscreen is one I made from a trashcan, it's ~2 mm ABS and ridiculously sturdy. I'm actually pretty proud of how that turned out. Easy enough to remove though.

Please know that if you buy this bike you are not merely getting a motorcycle, but a piece of thread title and forum history.

This bike is part of CA lore.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Anyone interested in a ‘97 DR350SE?

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 6, 2023

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I took everyone's advice and am selling all my motorcycles, except one.

This is my touring bike, sitting on consignment at a local dealer near Philadelphia.

https://www.funcenterps.com/inventory/2010-honda-nt700-bensalem-pa-19020-11442263i

Can send you lots of photos.

Goon price is 4k

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Nitrox posted:

I took everyone's advice and am selling all my motorcycles, except one.

This is my touring bike, sitting on consignment at a local dealer near Philadelphia.

https://www.funcenterps.com/inventory/2010-honda-nt700-bensalem-pa-19020-11442263i

Can send you lots of photos.

Goon price is 4k

Oh hey I bought my first bike at that dealer 2 name changes and almost 20 years ago. And know where that pic was taken lol.

Good luck with the sale. Come riding sometime!

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Anyone interested in a ‘97 DR350SE? Has an Acerbis 4.25 gallon tank, some bark busters, new Dunlop D606 tires, new battery, recent EBC clutch replacement. 21xxx miles.

It’s a tractor on wheels so some of the paint on the rack is gone, but it looks fine.

Located in Central PA and I just haven’t ridden it more than once or twice in the past year. Might need a carb cleaning/seals but runs well. Just doesn’t LOVE to idle all the time when warm. Always kept in my garage.

$2500? I dunno what these are worth anymore. I love the bike but honestly I don’t ride anymore.

I already have a '95 otherwise I'd be tempted!

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

opengl posted:

Oh hey I bought my first bike at that dealer 2 name changes and almost 20 years ago. And know where that pic was taken lol.

Good luck with the sale. Come riding sometime!
They're good people, and surprisingly reasonable as far as labor pricing. I always recommend them over any other dealership.

I'm recovering from surgery, so no riding until September or so. Join Montco riders group on Meetup if you want company!

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Nitrox posted:

I'm recovering from surgery, so no riding until September or so. Join Montco riders group on Meetup if you want company!

I’m in that group, did a really nice ride with Alan last weekend. Hope to see you out there this fall!

Way2slow
Sep 14, 2007

Not a Miata!
2010 R1 LE for sale, $8500
26214 miles
It has never been dropped while at speed, but has fallen over when I failed to put the kickstand all the way out. Oil is due as well as it is a hair past 6 months, but has only been ridden for ~25-50 miles since last change.
It needs a bath, and probably due for a new chain/sprocket.
I've used gear oil as the primary method of oiling the chain before every ride- so the back is a bit more oily than it could be (assuming just chain lube was used).
Selling as I have too many vehicles and now a child- this bike just isn't finding the time to be ridden/appreciated, and I figure someone else will get more out of the 1st gen crossplane crank (I don't believe this has the issues of the crank crack the second gen does).
If you want better pictures, let me know.
The "the doctor" stickers were removed as they "obstructed my view" and the officer would not release the bike without the removal of them. Was pulled over for a dirty license plate. Fun times.
The handle on the gas tank is meant for the passenger- I picked this bike up because the R6 I had didn't have the low end grunt I wanted with a passenger on board - the R1 solved that issue.
All recalls that I am aware of have been handled/repaired as of late 2016 by Thousand Oaks Powersports.
Bike is in Camarillo, CA.

Damage from the fall:

Way2slow fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 30, 2023

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere. Goon price $5700.

13172 miles (today)

A great big adventure biek! 1200cc parallel twin with 270 crank and dry sump. All the goodies: traction control, ABS, sport and touring modes, cruise control, shaft drive, center stand, Yoshimura exhaust, etc. Dropped once at low speed while traversing a desert mud puddle after a rain storm - this accounts for the scratches on the left side and that the little ball on the side of the kickstand being broken off. I picked it up and rode it another few hundred miles that day - yes, it's heavy but it carries it's weight well and is surprisingly competent off road. On road it's a great long distance rider - the seat is good, there's a power outlet on the binnacle for your phone or whatever, etc. Really just eats up the miles. Service is current, done about 900 miles ago. Selling because I want a small bike for city riding, so had to get rid of this one or the VRod, and ultimately I just don't do off road stuff hardly anymore so the VRod stays. More pics available on request - let me know what you want to see. Located in Las Vegas.

Sold! Thanks for playing!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Wiggles fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 11, 2023

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Just a heads up, you're asking a bit much for a non ES model without luggage.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Ugh typo from previous draft. Transposing certainly changes the equation.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Looking to sell my MT-09

Goon price $7k

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mcy/d/kent-2018-yamaha-mt-09/7644242841.html

TheBacon fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 7, 2023

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Anyone have a dog carrier bag for sale? I need a large one for 25ish pound dog.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

sleepy gary posted:

Good luck! Thinking about that or a sidecar for our adventurous four legged friend

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
https://www.goruffly.com/motorcycle-dog-carrier/

This is the only large dog carrier that I know of

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

sleepy gary posted:

I ended up making a dog box out of AC plywood and angle iron that was hanging around the house. Took it for a test drive sans dog from SLO to San Diego, doesn't catch as much wind as I feared.

Gonna line it and putt around the beaches with the pooch this weekend. My dad curled the clutch and banged off the fairing before I had a chance to do it myself this summer.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Is there a reason that it looks like a portable RV toilet?

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

I wouldn't want my head stuck through a wooden collar (padded or not) fixed on the upper end of a thing that can be flicked rapidly from side to side and does so during normal operation. Like are you planning to hang off the side to turn while keeping the bike upright or something, because I've seen what can happen to pizza on the back of the bike and I think maybe you've just built a dog torture device.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Doubly so if you’re going to use it as a toilet too

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Shuka posted:

I ended up making a dog box out of AC plywood and angle iron that was hanging around the house. Took it for a test drive sans dog from SLO to San Diego, doesn't catch as much wind as I feared.

Gonna line it and putt around the beaches with the pooch this weekend. My dad curled the clutch and banged off the fairing before I had a chance to do it myself this summer.

Huh. Well, now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just strap a hard side carrier onto the bike. I have a spare one that she fits in fine.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
I really appreciate the concerns because this is a pretty ridiculous thing to get safe, much less comfortable for a dog. Sanding/brushing the hardware and ultimately settling on slip resist rubber mat over carpet.

She tolerated it, but clearly did not enjoy it. Kinda like brushing her teeth. Officially retired to grocery duty after the first ride. Don't think I'm ignoring the turlet idea it's stuck up there now.

Here she is climbing down Ragged Point.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Does nobody worry about their pets' hearing when they strap them on bikes? The wind is deafening to a human, I can't imagine how it feels to a dog or cat with much better hearing.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if you take your pet on a motorcycle regularly you need to get them a pet helmet or at least earmuffs and goggles, yeah.

otoh dogs do stick their heads out the window of the car after all.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

opengl posted:

Does nobody worry about their pets' hearing when they strap them on bikes? The wind is deafening to a human, I can't imagine how it feels to a dog or cat with much better hearing.

That's an excellent concern and I'm sure there's plenty of dogs that would be bothered. When I was super young there was Kookie the Wonder Dog who raced on dirtbike tanks.

She rats while I build houses, the tablesaws, compressors, nail guns, etc don't bother her. That surprised the hell out of me because she hates fireworks.

Edit- got kookies name wrong

Shuka fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 3, 2023

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Jfc I'm a dumbass, quote ain't edit

To be 100% clear Ragged Point was last months camping trip, not our sleepy 15 minute test putt around the socal beach town where we live.

Shuka fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 3, 2023

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

My dog has a pair of "mutt-muffs" and a stretchy sock thing that slips over her face. I don't have anything for her eyes yet, though. If I get something to bring her on my bike I will.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not
I've got a Capanord 1200 for sale in the Seattle area with former CA fixture Z3n.

~45k miles.

$5k-ish. Flexible for goons.

https://offerup.co/oeix0Kyc1Cb

(For some reason I can't see the pics in that ad. Maybe it's region locked and I can't see them from Australia? If you're in the US and you can't see pics let me know.)

It's got:

- Hard luggage
- Corbin saddle
- Old man touring screen (not fitted)
- Wireless phone charger
- LEDs
- Some other minor farkles I can't remember now
- New tyres, chain and fluids.

The PO did 20k miles in three years, and I took it for a 7,000 mile spin around the US and Canada last year. Neither of us had any issues with it, and it sure was a fun way to get around FREEDOM COUNTRY.

You can tell the engine's out of the Dorsudoro 1200 because it's got a big supermoto lump of torque straight out of the gate before petering off quickly. Lends itself to the sort of whisky throttle idiocy that shouldn't be possible when you're hauling that amount of luggage.

Disappointing Italian bike experience, though. It didn't poo poo the bed even once, not even a check engine light the entire trip.

prukinski fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

prukinski posted:

(For some reason I can't see the pics in that ad. Maybe it's region locked and I can't see them from Australia? If you're in the US and you can't see pics let me know.)

in US, can't see pics either