Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I realize this is quite specific, and probably wont happen here, but may as well try.

Want to trade my Bandit 1200 for a DRZ-SM

My B12 has 20,xxx miles, runs like a champ, regular oil changes. Chain and sprockets are two seasons old (sprocket is +2 in the rear), tires are two seasons old, but still have good tread left.

This bike is mildly modified, and has made a dyno verified 120HP at the wheel. In my mind, thats the perfect balance between streetable and quick, and the reason I never modified it further.

Bike has the following done to it:

-Naked conversion (Detailed here: http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums/index.php?topic=69162.msg)
-2008 GSXR 1000 rear shock
-2008 GSXR 1000 front master cylinder
-Two Brothers exhaust (slip-on, with stock header and midpipe)
-LEO5BUSA carb conversion
-5 degree ignition advancer from Factory Pro
-SS lines on front brakes
-2-up rear sprocket
-Pilot Road 2CT tires
-MSR dirtbike bars
-GSXR-750 airbox snorkel

She's a good runner, and has been nothing but reliable. Just ready for something different. I'm in the Milwaukee area, but would be willing to drive to Green bay, Madison, or Chicagoland for the right DRZ-SM.

Let me know what you've got!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Spiffness posted:

I know it may not feel like it Albert, but You should be getting a KTMyou're doing the right thing

I'm trying not to spend any money on this deal, which wont happen if I were to get a 690.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Uthor posted:

WTB

After about two years, I'm starting to admit my bike is probably too broke for me to fix myself, or at least I won't find the time to do it properly. So, I should probably just buy something new. I'm a little scattered with what I want, though.

A) A modern (fuel injected) 650 cc comfortable sport/touring bike. Versys, Ninja 650r, SV650, F650GS, etc. Willing to pay around $3,000 for something like this. I realize for this price, it will be an older or higher mileage bike, but I want something that runs and has a title.

B) Old UMJ for under $1,000. Again, something that runs and has a title. Doesn't have to be pretty, but I'd like something 450 cc or larger.

C) Crashed Vulcan or Ninja 500 who's engine I can transplant into my bike. I just care about the engine/trans, no title necessary.

I'm in Central Illinois and am willing to travel 3 hours or so for something. I'm also up in Chicago a lot, so going into southern Wisconsin or western Michigan is alright.

turkosza on the gmails.

Want to spend around $3k on a Bandit 1200? I'm in Milwaukee.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Xovaan posted:

They're not bad at all. Still the powerband of a v-twin so it's completely manageable, even in the lower gears. Really the only differences are in 60-100 and torque wheelies. An SV650 or 650r will still hit 60 in under 4 seconds

Mine makes about 120 at the wheel, so it can get crazy, but its not peaky at all and its decently hefty. Its certainly still less crazy than a modern 1000cc supersport. Its about on par with a 600 supersport, with a lot more torque.

Uthor posted:

Honestly, I don't think I'd be comfortable on a bike with that much power.

Understood, just remember that SV650's and Ninja 650's are no slouches either.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 15, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A man who wants two supermotos is a man with his priorities straight :cheers:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Selling the Bandit. Want NEED a DRZ

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/2980996162.html

$3800 is the average joe off the street price. I'll go a bit lower for a goon.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 26, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Xovaan posted:

Man, why can't you be in the Bay Area! All the Bandits around here are absolutely bags of rear end. :smith:

Fly'n'drive!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sorry, nope. The previous owner did that mod and didnt have the pipe when I bought it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The sticker should up your asking price to at least 6K dont sell yourself short

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thats exactly why I traded in the Bandit, too many retards on Craigslist. Yeah, I didnt get as much on trade as i would have selling outright, but I got the bike I wanted and was out of the dealer in 30 minutes. Done deal.

I realize you cant trade yours since you already bought a new bike. The key is to just be a dickhead in your ads. I'd still ramp yours up some.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

I'm selling my horribly mistreated 2009 DRZ400SM. It barely gets ridden and I would prefer the money to a bunch of metal and plastic sitting in my driveway. I'm in the DC area and looking for around $4000. Here's the Craigslist post: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/3140817873.html

If you're interested, either PM me here or email me at bmoore1981 at gmail. Let me know that you're a goon since the CL listing also directs there.

Are you running the FCR with the stock exhaust?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

Yes. Works fine. I'm sure an aftermarket would get a bit more out of it.

Thats good to know because I'm thinking of doing the same

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SaNChEzZ posted:

Still have this stuff, take $10 off the price of everything if you want it.

Who makes the axle sliders? Are they universal or for the WR specifically?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If you could that's be great. The drz is 9 3/4 inches in the front axle. The rear has a slider in it at the moment.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SaNChEzZ posted:

Also, the diameter of the front rod is 5/16" and the rear is about 3/8" I don't have calipers, so poop.

35 on those? I'll bite. Whats ur paypal broseph

e: did you ever sell the HIDZ as well?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How many miles on it?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SaNChEzZ posted:

I did sell the HIDs to Gnaghighiighi, paypal is aylesworth at google's mail service. Be sure to include your shippin' whereabouts!

Youve got paypal.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SaNChEzZ posted:

Thanks, all you goons have the same name.

Yeah dude. Ceephus is a pretty common name.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SaNChEzZ posted:

Thanks, all you goons have the same name.

LOL @ ur shipping label. The FedEx lady was even all "are you.....ceefiz......cee.....ceephus?". I had to explain that it was a joke. An Internet joke.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They do fit, I had to do some jimmying around with the sliders to get a combo that would work, I'm running one from the rear and one from the front in the front with the front threaded rod. For now I'm only going to run the fronts, as I have spools in the rear that double as sliders.

You'd never know by looking at them that they werent meant for a DRZ

Also, that was some grade A packaging, and I did have to blow my nose as soon as I opened the package, so that was handy. A+++++++ WOULD BUY FROM AGAIN

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They are nice, the more I look at them the more I think I could give up my rear spools for the symmetry of two sets of sliders

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

Hey guys, long time no talk. Looking to possibly trade the DRZ.

I have a very nice '07 DRZ 400SM with street wheels, dirt wheels, a 5 gallon IMS desert tank and the stock tank. The bike is 100% stock (except for the desert tank) and has been well maintained with regular oil changes and a brand new master link chain. It has around 10500 miles on it and runs very strong. I have the pink slip for it and I'm considering trading it for a good 2 up touring bike. I'm looking at Goldwings, Concours's, V-strom (liter), harleys, Victory and other long distance oriented bikes capable of 2 up riding. I'm not really looking to sell, but I might if the price is right. I'm looking for well maintained bikes, no rust buckets please.

This is the Supermotard model and has the inverted forks with adjustable front and rear suspension. Both set of wheels have brand new rubber on the rears with about 1k miles left on both fronts. I have really enjoyed this bike and have put the last 4k miles on it myself, but my wife wants to ride with me and it's just underpowered and uncomfortable for long distance 2 up riding. The bike is mechanically sound and just got a check up by Sikmoto in San Luis Obispo along with a new rear. The registration is current and up to date, this is my commuter and see's regular use on the road as well as some weekend riding in the mountains.

Any chance you'd separate out the dirt wheels and sell them separate?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

I'm really trying to do an outright trade. My bike is my only ride and I think having the full set up adds value, but if I don't have any interest in it (it's posted in multiple listings) I'll get back to you about it.

Understood, let me know if you change your mind.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Any chance you'd separate out the bug guts and sell them separate?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Milwaukee, so definitely shipping and not driving distance from RI

Lemme know though either way

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

fordham posted:

Does that thing really have a replaceable cylinder? Like a semi truck engine?

You're thinking cylinder sleeve. The automotive equivalent of this is a block replacement, just with one cylinder.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Always post pics.

Agreed, because whether or not its the cruiser edition will determine whether or not its worth $1000

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Safety Dance posted:

Yo, does anybody in Chicago want a special snowflake supermoto?

Management link redacted...

:confused: why are you getting rid of it??

Also nice drz callout, haha.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

It is nice, it's just also not a CBGSXR 600 hundred argh that totally had the head decked and ported and pretty much is ready for nitrous and is the apple of all the eyes of bros. It's probably pretty much like 3-5 hp off a full supersport spec build, but the guy wanted to keep it reliable, yaknow? And race gas smells cool but it's also kinda a pain to get, although his buddy has a sweet hookup for AMA race gas, it makes more power cause they get the special stuff that the normal public can't get, and you just need that sweet sound from the exhaust and all the girls run out and just wanna ride on your bike it's like totally insane just man what a motorcycle, but it's still a 600 and pretty much just a learner bike and totally safe for your girlfriend to learn on or if you want something that you won't outgrow and man just like, the freedom of bikes are so great and there's no real replacement for rolling down the strip with your sunglasses at night just like, chillin' out wiht your bros, have a few beers, then head out to see who's faster from a roll and maybe if we're really lucky some ricers will show up and we'll blow them away cause like, civics right? and then we'll go home and have the most beautiful, intimate moment where we finally discover what it's like to have feelings as men and what a good life

Quoting for evidence of Z3n's mental breakdown

:stonklol:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

reads exactly like a chatbot that was fed exclusively motorcycle forum posts and craigslist ads.

He's the horse_ebooks of motorcycles

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Where did you get that headlight?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coredump posted:

Got it at Dennis Kirk a while ago. It's a Valeo Sylvania Xsighting Lighting Xe7. Later it was sold under Kuryakyn's brand. It was marketed to Harley's and jeeps. Should fit in stuff that takes a 7" headlight. But it's DEEP. I had to cut out a hole in the back of my headlight bucket to get it to fit. I don't think they sell them anymore, now everyone likes the JW Speaker 8700 evo LED headlight. I'll sell it if you're interested. :getin:

I don't have anything that takes a 7" round light anymore. If I wasn't in Milwaukee id strongly consider buying the light and the bike attached to it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

F4i's are such good looking bikes even today. Amazing considering the time period that they came from spawned some of the ugliest bikes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Voltage posted:

Getting rid of my old "bagman" saddlebags -they are old and a corner is partially melted on the outside, but they work fine and the zippers are good. I'll give them away for the cost of shipping.
If anyone lives near Albany, NY and wants to grab them, they are free.

How do they mount to the bike? Is it a frame, or just a swatch of nylon that goes under the seat or what?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

For the cost of shipping? I'll take them

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone in the Wisconsin area (which is sadly not the phoenix area) interested in trading your sv650 pointy edition for my drz400sm awesome edition?

Sort of a feeler post, as I'm not sure I want to do it yet, but I'm getting that 2-3 year itch

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone wants a DRZ-400SM lemmie know.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Voltage posted:

Trade for an '07 FZ6?

Cash or trade for a versys 650, which no one in AI owns

Chichevache posted:

I want it, do I have to pay for it? :v:

Unfortunately my charity drz giveaway was last week, sorry

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DRZ is here now.

Midwesternerds, or people willing to ship, buy my DRZ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221555593928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

DRZ is here now.

Midwesternerds, or people willing to ship, buy my DRZ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221555593928

Welp, ebay was a bust. Nothing but accounts from Puerto Rico offering me opening bid price. The one and only bid was, you guessed it, from Puerto Rico, and for the opening bid price. gently caress that.

Back on craigslist: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/4692186338.html

I'll cut a goon a discount on it