Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Some "testimony" from Aug 2008

http://www.charismamag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3302&p=61503

I think this confirms it! I actually took the time to skim through most of this and check what I found...

Dan Lirette posted:

To top it off, I'm also in Ministry, preaching the Gospel Open Air (though under my own Power and not the Power of God!), in the media, known by many and even had a position on the Evangelism Committee in my local assembly.

I became involved in an adulterous affair with a summer student staff member at our church and she became pregnant.

Was what I to do?

I had two options:

1- Run away to another city
2- Hope for the best without turning to God

The Lord had option #3 waiting, which I had no clue would happen... you have to remember, I was one who was 99% sure I had blasphemed the Holy Spirit!
Apparently he was married at the time he had an affair with our favorite nutcase, which probably explains why he disappeared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.
So who thinks we should try to confront Mr. Lirette on the moncton.net forums?

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.
Hahaha awesome, the day he has probably feared for a long time is finally catching up to him.

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

Cuddlebottom posted:

How do we know Dan is the father? I mean, was she the only summer "student worker" there? Is there any evidence that isn't purely coincidental? This story is just too insane to keep track of. :psyduck:

The timelines fall into place so perfectly that it has to be her. Also, judging from the stories surrounding the videos of them open air preaching she was the only other person with him other than the camera man.

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

BunnySkull posted:

You know I wonder how Dan found out his "testimony" admitting he knocked up Myah was discovered so fast?
I'm pretty sure the post that was made on the local forums linked to the charismamag forums and quoted it, I know at least one of them did.

And oh man, from the way his "wife" is speaking, it sounds like maybe she doesn't know about his confession to cheating on her, but she surely at least knows who Myah is...

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.
Hell yeah we're gold!

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

BunnySkull posted:

Also, another drama bomb involving him and those local town forums is here. Apparently he created an alternate ID (YouMakeMeSick) on the forums so he could harass and threaten the people who insulted or argued with him on there. An admin there finally calls him out revealing that the harasser and Dan have the same IP address. He actually tries to deny, deny, deny. Big surprise. (I haven't read the rest of it yet because its like 12 pages long and it apparently explodes into a huge drama bomb from someone description of the link someone else posted.)

Dan is like a never ending fountain of retarded douchebag behavior, every link just has more and more.
Reading through most of that thread Dan ends up creating multiple accounts (as in like 5 seperate accounts from different proxy IPs) trying to failingly prove his innocence. This leads me to believe that his "wife" who contacted samizdat earlier was most likely Dan, as well, just posting from a new account he just registered. There aren't any posts on that forum from the name "itissunny" and I bet if you looked into it that account was registered the day we confronted him. He's just trying to play the sympathy card, speaking as his wife and saying that we're "destroying" his family, when in all actuality his family is probably already in shambles. It's pretty obvious he is a chronic liar.

stonedpanda fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 29, 2009

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

Khazar-khum posted:

You know what strikes me as funny? The number of avowed atheists who cling to the words of a monk.

Just because someone is an Athiest doesn't mean they can't acknowledge the words of a monk are at least wise...

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

Karupin posted:

I've followed the thread and haven't seen this link posted yet; just found it today.

Myah Walker's OA preaching: http://www.vtap.com/video/Myah+Walk...MMDE3OTExODExNg
Hah great find, about time somebody found them.

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

Konjuro posted:

Speaking of being a bible thumping hypocrite, heres a CTV clip of Dan Lirette preaching abstinence in front of a college. Apparently he was even willing to pay them to listen to him.
Haha according to that video Dan is banned from every Wal-Mart in Canada... harsh. Btw, what is the name of the facebook group, I want to ask for permission and see if I can at least get in.

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.
Haha classic.

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

BunnySkull posted:

What's a good thread title we could use that incorporate's Dan's name, ideas? There has been a few great suggestions for thread titles, but none of those used Dan's name and that's what will make changing the thread title worth it.
How about this...

SA presents! A fundamentalist Christian soap opera: Dan Lirette and Myah Walker's abomination

or...

Living up to God's Will: The story of Dan Lirette and Myah Walker's blessing of a brainless baby

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.
So I got into the facebook group and posted this in one of the boards:

Hopefully it's tame enough to slide by the troll patrol but enough to incite a response from Myah.

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.
Did Dan actually finally admit to knocking up Myah on the comments here?

http://observers.france24.com/en/content/20090426-mothers-dilema-anencephaly-faith-walker-baby

Or was that just one of you guys?

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

SummerGlaucoma posted:

(A)
This page ought to clear up what I mean when I say "Munchausen's by Proxy."

(B) Believe what you want about my sanity. I'll believe what I want about the way you guys are acting in this situation, and the very prevalent Banality of Evil. Why is it that you're all so convinced that Myah is telling the truth (and don't you dare give me some bullshit about sticking fingers in wounds to convince oneself to believe. Not after all the poo poo you're giving Dan Lirette about Jesus-hypocrisy.)?

Might I remind all of you that Susan Smith was in a similar bind with a married man who didn't want someone else's kids. She decided to play Medea instead of milking the sympathy like Faith's Mommie Dearest. Susan cleaved unto her chosen man because she had become irrationally fixated upon him, and, besides, he belonged to someone else, which presented Susan with (a) a Lifetime Movie of her very own to live and persevere through, and, (b) a challenging hobby, like Sudoku, or chess, or training pit bulls to eat the neighbors' kids -- as slowly as possible.

As for me, I've saved Myah's blog to disk, and I'm going to e-mail the proper authorities. If I find that Myah is telling the truth, well, I still think she could have shown more mercy, but being nebulously cruel is not a crime. Child abuse is.

Hahaha I think you're the one person in this thread that is legitimately crazy!

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.
May 12th 9:00am

May just be wishful thinking though. :o

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

Khisareth posted:

The mods asked us not to harass anyone over the phone. We don't want to get this thread closed through goony shenanigans. :)

What if we gave the phone number to the /b/tards and let them have a go at it

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

rainbow kittens posted:

They've edited my posts :( I said that I think the posts are funny, and they broke them down to "I is funny".

That's not proper English :(

Yeah they edited my posts so that they don't make sense too. They're not worth bothering with.

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.
It's easy to say now, after seeing Dan's whole 'good guy' spiel, that perhaps we had him all wrong and that he was simply misunderstood and how he is a different person now. But lest we forget, we know he can be extremely charismatic and he's the type of person that will manipulate people to see him the way he wants to be seen. It's very possible that this is all an act just to get us off his case and to restore his image.

The reason he quit OA preaching was obviously because of the incident with Myah and he didn't want to draw anymore attention to the situation than needed. But throughout this whole time, as has been pointed out, he's still pimping out his websites and frequenting local boards and still generally stirring poo poo up. We've seen his rapid shifts in mood swings and seen the many different faces he shows online. We also know for a fact that he is not above impersonating other people as it's been drat near proven on other forums.

Don't let this sweet-talk wipe away all the evidence! Although I do admit it's hard not to feel empathy towards the lil (hehe) guy now.

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

sentientcarbon posted:

Dude, c'mon, don't give him that much credit. It's not like he's pulled off some cunning act of supervillainy, at most he's just (possibly) lying on an internet forum. It's not too difficult. I should know, I have a PhD in psychology :)

I'm just pointing out that it's not above him to pull something like that. His charismatic personality is likely what got him in the situation with Myah to begin with.

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

Dan Lirette posted:

I'd like to but my wife doesn't want me to, so I'll need to decline. My wife is a quiet gentle person; she's not into drama and forums like we are. She googled my name only once and read only on one forum. Other than that, she hasn't seen 90% of what's online and said she's not interested in it. But what she did see hurt her.

As per Myah, she's read much.

What reason would your wife have to go googling your name on the internet?

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.
Well I'm satisfied with the way this thread has turned out. One for the ages for sure, this poo poo better get gold mined.

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

Dan Lirette posted:

dannylirette.net blog and danlirette.com are now gone.

Interesting...

Edit: I just don't know about all this, it seems like now he's giving in to us too easily. Why would he all of a sudden want to be a part of the pack?

stonedpanda fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 12, 2009

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.
Yeah I'm sticking with my skepticism on the subject. It's just too convenient for him to all of a sudden give in to the goon lifestyle when everything about him points in the opposite direction. You all got played just like Myah and are all deserving of your very own zombaby children!

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.
I've spent an unhealthy amount of time on this thread over the past week or so and since it seems to have reached the end of the line, I'm going to retire from it. So long fellow obsessive goons, we shall meet again in the next batshit insane dramarama thread!

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

rainbow kittens posted:

Okay guys, I think I can say with complete confidence that Dan Lirette is not going to talk to me again as rainbow kittens. So... beginning tomorrow I will make a new Youtube account and message him that way. Any ideas for user names? Opening message to send him? Etc? Let me know.

What happened did you try to initiate cyber sex with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

Twigand Berries posted:

Arcade Fire: Crown of Love
The Black Keys: Them Eyes
Soul Coughing: So Far I Have Not Found the Science
White Stripes: Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine
Ween: Bag of Fat

Haha 'Girl, You Have No Faith in Medicine' is good