Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

How much shipped to Canada?

edit: pootiebigwang, it's all yours. I just got the old-time scalloped version for $50 which I'll probably regret.

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spastic Colon
Nov 27, 2002
Gotta run!

Bizzaro Quik posted:

Carl Zeiss Jena 180 2.8 (Zebra Edition) - $185 shipped
I actually used this lens a good bit. Whenever I planned to use the 70-200, I ended up whipping this out instead, due to the greater DOF. It's a heavy, heavy, heavy, HEAVY lens, but i prefer it to be built like a tank. Is made for medium format pentacon six, but I have an adapter for it.

I'll take the Zeiss.

wmreese at gmail

RustedChrome
Jun 10, 2007

"do not hold the camera obliquely, or the world will seem to be on an inclined plane."
SOLD! For Sale, my beloved Leica D-Lux 5 with extras. This has been my go-to camera for traveling for several years. Works perfectly and the results are great with that legendary Leica glass. I'm including a custom fitted full leather case and 2 extra OEM Leica batteries. Also I have replaced the easily lost lens cap with a "Ricoh style" split cap. You never have to worry about removing and replacing the lens cap with this one. I have the original box with the charger, CD manual, unused strap and cables. There are a few little paint chips here and there, in the expected spots on the corners. The camera is clean but the flash is unforgiving with dust so it looks worse in the pictures I'm afraid.

I basically giving away the extra stuff with the camera and only asking $530 for the lot, shipped to the USA. I will ship elsewhere but you have to pay the shipping, customs, etc...

I take PayPal or Amazon payments. PM me here or email me directly at: acetonic1066 at gmail.com

Some of my shots with it:

RustedChrome fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 9, 2012

RustedChrome
Jun 10, 2007

"do not hold the camera obliquely, or the world will seem to be on an inclined plane."
Micro 4/3 Bonanza! Selling off my M4/3 stuff since I have moved on to the X mount. Everything works flawlessly and has been well taken care of. All prices include shipping to the USA. I will ship to other countries but you'll have to pay the actual shipping cost plus whatever customs, taxes and fees your country decides to tack on.

I take PayPal or Amazon payments. I can be reached here via PM or use email at: acetonic1066 at gmail.com

SOLD Olympus M.Zuiko 14-150mm f/4.0-5.6 Includes replacement front and rear caps plus original box and paperwork. This is a really sharp, fast and quiet zoom and a great one-lens solution. I'll throw in a Tiffen UV filter too. $445

SOLD Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 An amazing little lens. I've been very impressed with the results from this one. A great, compact walk-around lens. $420

SOLD Panasonic Lumix 100-300mm f/4.0-5.6 G Vario Aspherical MEGA OIS Lens A really nice super zoom for m4/3. 200-600 equivalent with stabilization! Includes caps, lens hood and Lumix soft case. $440

SOLD Olympus FL-14 Flash A nice little flash that mates well with the compact PEN cameras. I only used this a couple of times but the TTL system did a great job providing just the right amount of fill light. Includes soft case and original box with papers. $75

I'll have a few other things coming, including a PEN E-PM1 with lens and a Lumix 14mm lens.

RustedChrome fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 9, 2012

Jellyko
Mar 3, 2010

Mr. Despair posted:

No other goons with a Pentax 6x7 or 67 to sell? Anyone? Bueller?

Selling: Pentax 6x7 body (no mirror lock-up) with Honeywell-branded unmetered prism and pair of strap lugs, SMC Takumar 75mm f/4.5 lens with both caps, and Asahi Pentax (6x7, of course) extension tube, #2 size (28mm extension, internal bayonets).

edit: Sold!

Why It's for Sale: I have cameras that need fixing, cameras that need building, films that need developing, films that need scanning, a closet that needs emptying, and the last thing I need is another drat mouth to fee--well, let's leave it at that.

Descriptions:

P6x7 body (no MLU)

This was bought BGN from KEH, but it turned out to be pretty hosed up internally (corrosion) so it went back to them for a huge rebuild. I know for sure that the metering chain mechanism was replaced. The film rollers (across the film plane and on the door) were replaced. (The roller next to the take-up spool is hard rubber or something and has crazing over its surface; this might want replacing before it starts to break down and leave a mess on films.) I don't know how much of the shutter mechanism was rebuilt but since the original problem manifested itself as a shutter jam partway through an exposure locking the whole camera up, I would expect that to have been completely repaired. The original battery holder with the coin-slot was replaced with a later one with a nifty fold-down tab for easy opening. More internal work that I just can't see without taking the camera apart may have been done. The upshot is, it stopped working, was extensively repaired, and it has worked again for the rolls I have shot through it since.

Cosmetically the body is used but not beat up. There is some brassing on the 120-220 selector, on the door at either end, on the door latch housing, and on the body front near the shutter speed selector and the "6x7" label. The mirror is clean apart from a little ambient dust. The ground glass is clean. The inside of the mirror box is clean, ditto the dust flecks. The light seals look to have been replaced during the overhaul. There is only one patch of foam in one corner to buffer the mirror, which seems kind of weird but it doesn't look as though there was more foam which subsequently disintegrated, so maybe that's standard. There is a small screw missing on the front of the top plate near the shutter release, but I don't know if that was a pre-overhaul or overhaul thing. I didn't do it because I don't lose screws when I fiddle with cameras (I didn't fiddle with this one!)

There is one vexing thing about this camera body: The dots that guide the alignment of the start arrow on the film backing paper are not as described in the user manual provided by Mr. Butkus. Using them as the start point for winding on using the film advance lever per the manual will give you only 9 and a half exposures on a roll of film. I never figured out where to start winding to get the full ten frames.

In summary: The body has a checkered history. I believe the repair was thorough enough to cure its ills--it certainly works in a way it did not before (i.e. without metering chain squeaks, shutter fading on one side of the picture, and without abruptly freezing up). I have not shot many rolls post-repair, though, so that is the most authoritative statement I feel comfortable making.

Oh, and there are strap lugs attached. They work just fine. They hook to the same things the grip attaches to, and they come off if the grip is desired.

Honeywell-branded unmetered prism

I got the Honeywell prism instead of the Asahi one to save a few dollars, and also so the big Pentax would match my Spotmatics. It is brassed along the front, top, and side edges and silvered around the high points of the eyepiece. When the light hits it right one can see a shallow dent near the right corner of the Honeywell-Pentax nameplate. I think that's just in the metal, though. The face of the prism that opposes the ground glass has a few fine nicks that look like dust flecks until you try to clean them off. The prism mounts securely to the body.

75mm f/4.5 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar, ridged metal focusing ring, with caps

The lens is nice, easily the nicest piece of the kit. The glass front and back is clean except for surface dust flecks, the coatings look great, and the inside (as much as can be seen, including the aperture blades) looks very clean as well. Focusing is smooth over the whole range and responsive to tiny adjustments. The aperture ring also responds well and the auto-manual switch is snappy to lock and release. It mounts and unmounts to the body smoothly as well, though not as smoothly as a 35mm-format lens does. Cosmetically the lens is pretty nice, with only tiny points of silvering on some of the raised parts of the grips. There is residue on the focusing ring from one of those JSCII PASSED stickers that I didn't clean off because I just don't care about that sort of thing (but I wouldn't pull the sticker and leave the residue either). Near that residue there are some white scratches of some kind. There is a dent in the rim of the filter ring, about 1.8 cm long, where it is pushed in toward the front of the lens by about 1 mm. This is not a visually obtrusive dent, but it will interfere with attaching a screw-on filter for sure. A round-cut wooden jig mounted to a bench vise might be able to fix that though...

Asahi 6x7 extension ring, #2 size

This is part of the three-ring set for lenses between 55mm and 300mm that use the inner bayonets. Not much to say about it--it is cosmetically not too bad, with some light silvering on the raised parts. Functionally it mounts to the body as well as the lens itself does, and the lens mounts to it sell though lens de-mount seems a little stiff. The connections are all secure. The tube does preserve the auto-aperture function of the lens. Actual extension length is 28mm.

Asking price: Since the kit is, on average, well-used, and since the body has a pretty extensive repair history, I feel I ought to knock a chunk off what I paid for it, so I'll say $275 shipped to the lower 48 states. That's more than 50% off my price for the body.

Jellyko fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 1, 2012

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Jellyko posted:

(I will update this post with pictures, descriptions, and price Wednesday morning. \

You sure will!

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007

greenman100 posted:

$800 shipped on the 17-55 Tamron and 70-200L?

elmoret at gmail

Just to be clear, is there actually a Tamron 17-55, or is this the 17-50?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Jellyko posted:

Holy poo poo, really? YES! (I will update this post with pictures, descriptions, and price Wednesday morning. Didn't anticipate an opportunity like this, so I don't have anything prepared.)

It's a bare-bones kit: 6x7 without MLU, unmetered prism, strap lugs, 75mm f/4.5 (with caps), and a #2 extension tube (28mm extension, inside bayonet).

I actually bought a P67 on ebay since posting that :kiddo: That would have been a perfect kit too.

That said, depending on the price and if you want to break up the kit I would be interested in the prism, strap lugs, and extension tube :buddy:

just you know, post pics before the prices.

Jellyko
Mar 3, 2010

Mr. Despair posted:

I actually bought a P67 on ebay since posting that :kiddo: That would have been a perfect kit too.

That said, depending on the price and if you want to break up the kit I would be interested in the prism, strap lugs, and extension tube :buddy:

just you know, post pics before the prices.

Once you've read my novella above you can see that I'd hesitate to break up the kit just because the body, while extensively repaired and fully functional as far as I've used it, is probably the least appealing part. I bought it (the body alone) for $119 plus shipping though, and the price I'm asking for the whole kit basically discounts the body to $55 which seems okay to me for a working backup body (or a low sunk cost for anyone who cares to sell it on and keep the rest).

Bizzaro Quik
Dec 1, 2004
Japan rules, right?

rawrr posted:

Just to be clear, is there actually a Tamron 17-55, or is this the 17-50?

It's this lens, the 17-50

http://www.amazon.com/Tamron-17-50mm-Aspherical-Digital-Cameras/dp/B000EXR0SI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348692076&sr=8-1&keywords=tamron+17-55

Spastic Colon posted:

I'll take the Zeiss.

wmreese at gmail

Im sorry, both this lens and the 24mm Nikkor were sold locally on craigslist. Very sorry for the delay!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Jellyko posted:

Once you've read my novella above you can see that I'd hesitate to break up the kit just because the body, while extensively repaired and fully functional as far as I've used it, is probably the least appealing part. I bought it (the body alone) for $119 plus shipping though, and the price I'm asking for the whole kit basically discounts the body to $55 which seems okay to me for a working backup body (or a low sunk cost for anyone who cares to sell it on and keep the rest).

That's a good deal, but I just can't justify buying a completely 2nd kit (since I already have that same lens and whatnot).

If someone decides they want the kit sans extension tube or strap lugs let me know though.

Jellyko
Mar 3, 2010

Mr. Despair posted:

That's a good deal, but I just can't justify buying a completely 2nd kit (since I already have that same lens and whatnot).

If someone decides they want the kit sans extension tube or strap lugs let me know though.

No problem--will do.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Selling: I'm selling all my Canon gear since I just bought a Nikon D600. Prices include shipping anywhere in the CONUS. If you live in LA or SD counties, I can probably meet you somewhere since I work in both counties. I'm willing to trade for Nikon FX lenses.

Gripped T2i - $550 - Got about 10k actuations on it, mostly used for video and vacation photos. The grip is an off-brand one and comes with 2 generic batteries - the 2 batteries are weaker than the Canon one you'll also get with the camera, but together will give you a full day's worth of photo shooting and maybe 1.5 hours of continuous video recording. The T2i itself is in really good condition and is Magic Lantern-ready, just pop in a properly formatted SD card with the software on it. Comes with all the original accessories + the grip and generic batteries.

Sigma 30mm 1.4 Canon Mount - $425 - comes with the original packaging, caps, hood, and soft case. There's a speck of dust on the lens interior, but it doesn't affect image quality.

Canon EF-S 10-22mm 3.5-4.5 - $650 - I have the Canon front and back caps for this

Canon EF-S 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS - $75 - I have just generic caps for this. It's a bit worn-looking, but works fine.
Canon 50mm 1.8 - $75 - Comes with Canon front and back caps.
Canon 75-300mm 4-5.6 - $100 - Comes with Canon front and back caps.

Best contacted at: PM or x1stad at geemail

If you need a sharpness sample I can probably shoot something at home that will work or maybe dig through my photos, but for the most part I used this gear for video.

1st AD fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 27, 2012

Beastruction
Feb 16, 2005

Jellyko posted:

No problem--will do.

How much would it be without the extension tube?

Jellyko
Mar 3, 2010

Beastruction posted:

How much would it be without the extension tube?

$255 shipped without the tube; the tube alone $20 shipped.

Bizzaro Quik
Dec 1, 2004
Japan rules, right?

Bizzaro Quik posted:

Tamron 17-55 2.8 Non VC - EOS - $330shipped
Used this a pretty good amount for shooting video. In perfect condition though, with no scratches. Comes with UV filter + hood.

Sears 55mm 1.4 - $90 shipped
The only reason I don't use this lens is because I have a nikkor 1.4 that outperforms it, albeit just by a small amount. It's still a great lens!

CowboyStudio WT001H Ball Head Quick Release Plate - $15 shipped
Bought this last week for a paid job, to use on a slider, and ended up not using it. It's solid as gently caress (all metal) and probably the best thing you can get for not-a-price or under.

Still looking to sell these three things. Somebody buy them!

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

1st AD posted:

Canon 50mm 1.8 - $75 - Comes with Canon front and back caps.

Looks well loved. What's the glass condition like? I can't really tell from the fotos. Shipped to Canada?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Just got the lens 1st AD. Thanks a ton!

Bizzaro Quik
Dec 1, 2004
Japan rules, right?

Bizzaro Quik posted:

Tamron 17-55 2.8 Non VC - EOS - $310shipped
Used this a pretty good amount for shooting video. In perfect condition though, with no scratches. Comes with UV filter + hood.

Sears 55mm 1.4 - $70 shipped
The only reason I don't use this lens is because I have a nikkor 1.4 that outperforms it, albeit just by a small amount. It's still a great lens!

CowboyStudio WT001H Ball Head Quick Release Plate - $15 shipped
Bought this last week for a paid job, to use on a slider, and ended up not using it. It's solid as gently caress (all metal) and probably the best thing you can get for not-a-price or under.

Just lowered the price of the Tamron to $310 shipped, and the Sears 55 1.4 to $70 shipped.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Ziploc posted:

Looks well loved. What's the glass condition like? I can't really tell from the fotos. Shipped to Canada?

Glass is in great condition, there's a tiny bit of dust inside but otherwise there's no cosmetic wear. Where in Canada are you?

Soulex posted:

Just got the lens 1st AD. Thanks a ton!

Awesome!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I have too many old cameras.

Nikon n5005: $30 shipped obo (includes Haiku about how wonderful the camera you just bought is). Will also trade for olympus om lenses of any kind.

I will still have too many old cameras if I sell this, but to be honest I just don't like this camera!

I honestly don't expect anyone else to like this camera either, but who knows, maybe one of you opened this thread thinking "man, maybe I just want to buy a quality nikon n5005 that doesn't have any issues apart from a battery door that doesn't sit 100% flush with the rest of the bottom but is actually completely secure, also it'd be nice to have a camera that can meter and handle the aperture on G series lenses, but I don't need af-s, cause af-s is lame and screwdriver is where all the cool people hang out. ".

Well?

e. I will still have too many old cameras after this, but people keep giving them to me.

e2. I will also tape "Pentax Me Super" onto it to make you think it's the best camera in the world .

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Oct 2, 2012

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

1st AD posted:

Glass is in great condition, there's a tiny bit of dust inside but otherwise there's no cosmetic wear. Where in Canada are you?

Close enough to a Futureshop that had them on sale just the other day. Got my own! Sorry bout that.

Studebaker Hawk
May 22, 2004

Selling 5DII, Canon 180mm Macro L, Contax 90mm G + NEX adaptor, tripod, more to come as I take pictures here

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 4, 2012

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".

Studebaker Hawk posted:

Selling 5DII, Canon 180mm Macro L, Contax 90mm G + NEX adaptor, tripod, more to come as I take pictures here

Why does the 5D Mark II only has 5 clicks?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Studebaker Hawk posted:

No username in pix, eligible for SA-Mart but not for this thread.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

I have too many old cameras.

Nikon n5005: $30 shipped obo (includes Haiku about how wonderful the camera you just bought is). Will also trade for olympus om lenses of any kind.

I will still have too many old cameras if I sell this, but to be honest I just don't like this camera!

I honestly don't expect anyone else to like this camera either, but who knows, maybe one of you opened this thread thinking "man, maybe I just want to buy a quality nikon n5005 that doesn't have any issues apart from a battery door that doesn't sit 100% flush with the rest of the bottom but is actually completely secure, also it'd be nice to have a camera that can meter and handle the aperture on G series lenses, but I don't need af-s, cause af-s is lame and screwdriver is where all the cool people hang out. ".

Well?

e. I will still have too many old cameras after this, but people keep giving them to me.

e2. I will also tape "Pentax Me Super" onto it to make you think it's the best camera in the world .

Does it take regular batteries or moon batteries?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

SoundMonkey posted:

Does it take regular batteries or moon batteries?

Regular batteries~

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

Regular batteries~

So uh... any trades in mind? A half busted N8008? Gel? Something that isn't dollars?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Lets make a deal :getin: (messaging you over irc~)

Masa
Jun 20, 2003
Generic Newbie
Thanks to Amazon's recent sales and rebates I have a bunch of stuff to get rid of.

Canon 40D with memory card and extra battery - $350 plus shipping

With an 8GB Sandisk Extreme III CF card, an extra Sterlingtek battery, and an off-brand wired shutter release cable. Also has the standard stuff it comes with, strap, cables, battery charger, instructions, body cap, etc.
It's always worked well and it's in good shape, though the rubber piece around the viewfinder fell off and there's a bit of dust in the viewfinder.
It was refurbished and the image number count has rolled over a couple of times, so it has at least 20,000 shutter clicks.

Masa fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 19, 2012

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
If there's anyone in here that still has some FP-100c45 that they are not absolutely married to, I really want to take it off your hands.
barrelbreak@gmail.com

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

1st AD posted:

Awesome!

I'm interested in this lens as well, I'm also in California near where the 57 and 210 intersect. I don't have PM's but you can email me at allangonzalez07@yahoo.com

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Bizzaro Quik posted:

Just lowered the price of the Tamron to $310 shipped, and the Sears 55 1.4 to $70 shipped.

BQ, do you have an email address or anything I could contact you by?

Bob Mundon
Dec 1, 2003
Your Friendly Neighborhood Gun Nut

Bizzaro Quik posted:

Just got a DSLR and looking for a 50mm prime, don't know much about it but that Sears listed doesn't mount on a Canon does it? If so, what can you tell me about it?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Bob Mundon posted:

Just got a DSLR and looking for a 50mm prime, don't know much about it but that Sears listed doesn't mount on a Canon does it? If so, what can you tell me about it?

It will mount on EOS with an M42 adapter. It will be manual focus and will work best on a 40d or better where you can install a focus screen. This will also mess with the metering a bit unless you shoot wide open so you may need to tweak exposure comp or shoot manual.

Performance wise, it's a rebadge, I think it's a Tokina or Kiron. It basically doesn't matter because all 50mm f/1.4s perform more or less the same - usable center / soft edges wide open, sharpening across the frame around f/2.8, best resolution around f/5.6 or f/8.

Bizzaro Quik
Dec 1, 2004
Japan rules, right?

DoctaFun posted:

BQ, do you have an email address or anything I could contact you by?

brandonmrsh@gmail.com

whereismyshoe
Oct 21, 2008

that's not gone well...

Bob Mundon posted:

I've got the Plastic Fantastic (50mm 1.8) i could offload if you're looking for an EOS lens

Bob Mundon
Dec 1, 2003
Your Friendly Neighborhood Gun Nut

whereismyshoe posted:

I've got the Plastic Fantastic (50mm 1.8) i could offload if you're looking for an EOS lens

What condition is it in? Price?

whereismyshoe
Oct 21, 2008

that's not gone well...

Bob Mundon posted:

Excellent, with box and caps (although i realized i didn't take any with the front one on..it does exist). $85 shipped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizzaro Quik
Dec 1, 2004
Japan rules, right?

Bob Mundon posted:

Sorry about being late to the game, completely missed that post.

The sears is unfortunately sold, let me change that for you. I do have a Nikkor 50mm 1.4 That I would be willing to part with. Has the Nikon > EOS adapter permanently attached to the lens. Also the back element seems to have some sort of stuff giant cracks and literally pieces of glass falling out. I'll take a pic of it and post here/email it to you, if you're intrested. I'd let it go for I guess some price under fifty dollars because yet again I didn't include a drat picture, and if I do, I will post it in this thread as opposed to by e-mail, and it will have my username in it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread