Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TDD_Shizzy
Feb 26, 2004

Had this itch yesterday to sell my nitro stuff and switch to electric. There just doesnt seem to be much sense to keep nitro now with all the new electric tech. Cant wait to get an electric to start playing with again.

Looking at getting a VXL Rustler (used of course, something to start with). As soon as i pick it up from the guy this afternoon I will be ordering a Turnigy 6 charger and a couple 5000mah lipos.

Question: The one im buying has a 27mhz radio still, if I wanted to upgrade to 2.4ghz and stay pretty entry level, what would you all suggest? (model memory might be nice, since rc cars are like crack and I just cant have 1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TDD_Shizzy
Feb 26, 2004

Phat_Albert posted:

The cheapest way is probably the Traxxas 2.4G Link controller. iirc it has 10 model memory.

Thanks, that looks like its a pretty good option. I'll keep an eye out on ebay, unless anyone here has the itch to upgrade from their Link system to something else?

TDD_Shizzy
Feb 26, 2004

Phat_Albert posted:

I just bought a used Link tx and rx for $20, so the deals are out there.

Yea, just picked a brand new link system and an extra receive for $50.

If I were to get the girl a mini of some sort, would the Losi Mini-t (1/18th) be the best bet? Or is there a kit out there better, if we dont need radio gear?

TDD_Shizzy
Feb 26, 2004

needknees posted:

Anyone interested in a B4 roller, say $60 shipped?

Yes, have a pic or two? you can post them or send them to me at tddshizzy @ gmail.com

Thanks.

TDD_Shizzy
Feb 26, 2004

needknees posted:

lovely cell phone pics but here you go!

Thanks for the pics. Not sure if I am going to race a buggy class this year, so I will probably hold off, unless some extra money and time comes my way to just get this to mess with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TDD_Shizzy
Feb 26, 2004

I have used amainhobbies for pretty much all my purchase needs. The site layout is really well done, and with their USPS priority shipping (usually the cheapest) I get my stuff in 2 days. I cant complain about their prices either.