Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parabellum
Feb 26, 2004
Si Vis Pace
Thanks for making the thread! Im glad that there is a decent amount of knowledge here about scale racing, Im pretty green myself although I do own this

(I didnt paint the shell, Im not that talented)

Its a Tamiya TSG-R onroad nitro. I actually bought this from my old job at a parts store where they sold this chassis as a promo for another product, but at about Au$ 400 they just sat around for months. It went into clearance near Christmas and I got it for 150 bucks, complete with a futaba radio.

Great fun, but it is pretty messy and the neighbours dont appreciate 2stroke oil all over the road so its been gathering dust lately..

Electric would be a lot better for a beginner (like me) and offroad seems like it has a lot more support than road racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parabellum
Feb 26, 2004
Si Vis Pace
Kuffs, whats the procedure on running in new motors? The .12 in mine would have any more than an hour or two on it and I haven't touched the original kit settings. I didnt want to lean it out too early but it is pretty noticeable to see where Ive been.