Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thanks to those who pointed to DHGate for some cheap jerseys, mine arrived just in time. Of course in typical bootleg fashion, the patches they applied to the arms are ones for World Cup Qualifiers for jerseys that weren't used for those games. I'm going to look quite the fool! (I won't, nobody here will know or care luckily).

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Phwoar

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

EL BROMANCE posted:

Thanks to those who pointed to DHGate for some cheap jerseys, mine arrived just in time. Of course in typical bootleg fashion, the patches they applied to the arms are ones for World Cup Qualifiers for jerseys that weren't used for those games. I'm going to look quite the fool! (I won't, nobody here will know or care luckily).

I've had nothing but good luck with DHG but I also know I'm playing with cheap affordable fire

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Some potential leaks, seems a bit early for them though?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Lol is the diamond pattern stuff making a comeback?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

Some potential leaks, seems a bit early for them though?

Nope - due to production timing, this feels about right for samples or pre-production versions to be around and getting checked before the versions you see in stores in the summer start getting made. I might double-check with somebody I know who works in the industry, but that’s what I gathered from them before.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

That or someone used to doing the leaks after a summer tournament got confused

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Random second division club with a neat shirt

https://twitter.com/Escorpiones1907/status/1612574497604771840?s=20&t=t3ZTmVjz-8cMx4GBPwV7tw

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/phildelves/status/1623734136203534338

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Was all set to post multiple eyepop emojis til I saw the stupid Adidas stripes on the shoulders. Like why bother matching the colour if you absolutely have to have them, white stripes would have been preferable

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Looks great on the peg, will look poo poo in the inevitable 2-1 losses to Finland, Montenegro and Israel.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It looks like a France shirt

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Frankston posted:

It looks like a France shirt

The Auld Alliance strikes back

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Adidas has to be one of the most self-conscious major brands on earth given how insistent they are on putting the three stripes on everything they make, even if the customer doesn't want them.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Honestly if they are making the stripes that subtle they are learning

Those are fine imho

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
In light of his upcoming departure from Merseyside, I just ordered a #9 Mr Bobby Firmino red shirt from the official LFC site, and for fun I also ordered one from DHgate.com for 1/10th the price. Let's see which one is better!

whatever man
Feb 4, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

In light of his upcoming departure from Merseyside, I just ordered a #9 Mr Bobby Firmino red shirt from the official LFC site, and for fun I also ordered one from DHgate.com for 1/10th the price. Let's see which one is better!

Don't put the one from dhgate in the dryer, ruined my Diogo J. shirt, the name and numbers melted and stuck together... Other than that, good enough quality

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Looks like Arsenal's new kit for next year has leaked and it looks horrific:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/12/adidas-arsenal-fc-23-24-home-kit.html

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

generally I prefer posted:

As a fan of gold badges on kits, I quite like that. Also like the nod to the 1994-1996 era with the zig zag pattern

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

generally I prefer posted:

I think it’s fine. I’m less a fan of the raglan style white sleeves, but the red, white and gold work well together. Certainly still better than most of the Puma kits.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

I like it. I'm not a fan of the Adidas stripes on Arsenal shirt and they are less noticeable this way.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
It says it's the same as the Germany home template? I hope those don't have the lightning bolt...

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm going to assume the gold is for the 20th anniversary of the Invincibles.

it'd be odd to put gold on their shirts to celebrate finishing 2nd in the Premier League this season.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

brocked posted:

It says it's the same as the Germany home template? I hope those don't have the lightning bolt...

Presuming that means the sleeve/body style, not the fabric or pattern. Think the Germany home for the World Cup had the black Ajax-looking block on the front anyway.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ether Frenzy posted:

Bootleg item is "surprisingly decent", it's got the wrong patches on the sleeve and it's last year's jersey/doesn't have the same textured material as the real one, but it's the right color and the right fit and actually has a stitched liver bird & Nike Swoosh, where the real one has appliques, it looks proper and no one who isn't a hardcore Liverpool fan would know it wasn't 100%. Came with authentic looking Nike tissue paper, Nike bag, and Nike tags & badges. For $16 shipped and 18 days delivery time or whatever, I'm now really into counterfeit products

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Dell_Zincht posted:

As a fan of gold badges on kits, I quite like that. Also like the nod to the 1994-1996 era with the zig zag pattern

It's just too much gold imo, with the adidas stripes and the lightning bolt on back. That said, on the pitch I'm sure it'll look fine but it's no 2007 kit:

generally I prefer fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 30, 2023

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ether Frenzy posted:

Bootleg item is "surprisingly decent", it's got the wrong patches on the sleeve and it's last year's jersey/doesn't have the same textured material as the real one, but it's the right color and the right fit and actually has a stitched liver bird & Nike Swoosh, where the real one has appliques, it looks proper and no one who isn't a hardcore Liverpool fan would know it wasn't 100%. Came with authentic looking Nike tissue paper, Nike bag, and Nike tags & badges. For $16 shipped and 18 days delivery time or whatever, I'm now really into counterfeit products

I do this every couple years because the way shirts are marketed is a bit odd.

Authentic - Applied badges, heat sealed instead of sewn - exactly the same as what's worn by players. Generally cut a lot more fitted, like size up at least one if you're buying an authentic and not built like a footballer. $150ish

Replica - Sewn badges, sewn seams. The "normal" kits you see people wearing, the ones that you can pick up at a big box retailer. Cut a lot boxier and roomier. $75ish

Bootleg - If it's a big club/manufacturer, the shirts are probably coming from the same factory as the replicas. They might be B grades or fail QC, but the imperfections, if any, are almost imperceptible. Cheapest option, but not the best if you need the shirt in a week

Bootlegs, unless you're buying them from a cart outside the stadium, and want the shirt to look as "real" as possible, are a fantastic option.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I was just reminded of a time in the late 80s when some Coca Cola sponsorships resulted in these sick kits for Limon, Puntarenas and Saprissa

These photos are of replicas being sold in 2023 so the manufacturer is different. I've always been tempted to get the Puntarenas and Limon ones (I will never buy a Saprissa kit though)

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I want the Fanta one where is it being sold??

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

kri kri posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEb0cYq6dvI

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

kri kri posted:

Not sure if they ship internationally but theyre sold here https://chemaretro.cr/

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Simone Poodoin posted:

Not sure if they ship internationally but theyre sold here https://chemaretro.cr/

Are those really only $30 USD?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Are those really only $30 USD?

They are, quality is fine too from what I hear.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://twitter.com/ussoccer/status/1642883512217788425?s=46&t=FB94Wa7qqx0X3Cy8Z1P0nw

Welp, at least the US crest isn’t in the middle anymore.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Goddamn those both suck

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

Goddamn those both suck

I like the home kit actually

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Those are both garbage, again, wtf Nike

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The home is definitely better than the last one, but still poo poo.

https://twitter.com/madrob7/status/1642940775163101184?s=46&t=FB94Wa7qqx0X3Cy8Z1P0nw

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Home is fine, definite upgrade on the World Cup kit. Away is pretty meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It’s impressive how unique each is in their awfulness