Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

walnuts
Feb 17, 2007
HEY.... Take the money.

ConfusedUs posted:

Duma Key is rad. You're missing out.

I am about halfway through this after giving King another chance based on a one-line recommendation by someone in a thread in TBB, and I honestly don't know if I can keep going with it. It is really boring the hell out of me. I will pick it up, read a few lines and just feel completely put-off.

This is just my opinion, I think he has had some pretty fantastic ideas but I just can't stand his characters - I just don't find the majority of them believable in the slightest. (I'm speaking a lot about his movies as well).

I'm really glad that somebody mentioned 'Magical Retards' as well as that has been something that has annoyed me a lot in his books and movies.

Edit: also I refuse to believe Stephen King wrote The Green Mile or Shawshank Redemption.

In fact I imagine he was having a family gathering and some distant nephew was there showing him a couple of his works to see if Uncle Steve could offer him any advice. Stephen said sure he would take them away to have a look, and bam he put his own name all over them.

Also the nephew was never heard of again.

walnuts fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 11, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU