Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Gerald's Game is a weird loving book. It's one of the few books that have made me really uncomfortable.

The basic premise for horror there is pretty inventive, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

joepinetree posted:

- Flagg is the only one showing with actual supernatural power beyond a psychic ability. And we know Flagg from other books.

I'd want to note that The Stand is Flagg's first appearance. I would prefer to not interpret the character in The Stand through what Steve-O later came up with.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

I think The Dark Half is one of those books by King that managed to actually disappoint me all the way through. Been many years since I read it, but it felt like something that never actually gets to the point at all.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

I am probably wrong about this, but the new Stand series seemed like because of the whole covid thing going on, it wanted to get past the whole pandemic part of the story too fast so to not offend people. Which is a bad choice, because that's some of the greatest stuff in the book.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

I enjoyed quite a bit that the movie version of Dr Sleep has that scene where Danny and his buddy just light the vampires the hell up with rifles. That was actually great.