Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrojin
Nov 10, 2008

Quixoticist
I've been "missing out" on King for the past twenty years, since I threw The Tommyknockers against the wall. I liked him at first---I read him when he first started with Carrie, then he turned into a drunk and no one edited his books anymore. This is a sad comment on the people around him who allowed him to be a drunk, lovely writer as long as the money kept rolling in.

I don't think I've missed much. I saw Dreamcatchers and it was awful: that whole story was a monster that crawled out of his rear end. I saw The Mist---utter garbage. I don't hate the guy; I even feel a bit sorry for him because he works so hard and mostly fails to write anything good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU