Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuentinCompson
Mar 11, 2009
Cujo is not a bad book, not by a long chalk.

I'd say Rose Madder is his worst, but I ain't read Cell or Lisey's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuentinCompson
Mar 11, 2009

Metonymy posted:

Yeah, that settles it. I'm going to return the The Drawing of the Three without reading it.

Yes, it makes perfect sense to refuse to read the second-best book in a series because of language in one of the worst books in the series.

more power to you, buddy.

QuentinCompson
Mar 11, 2009
Huh, I always liked "Crouch End." I don't think it was a very good approximation of Lovecraft's writing style, but I think he was writing it as a Lovecraft style story in his own writing more than a riff on Lovecraft's writing style.

QuentinCompson
Mar 11, 2009
How could Christine be the sequel to a book written almost 2 decades later?

QuentinCompson
Mar 11, 2009

Local Group Bus posted:

Have we forgotten Bobbi grabbing her sister with her (Bpbbis) newly grown vaginal tentacles? Or am I misremembering that part? If I am and Bobbis sister didn't get eaten by the newly grown henticles swinging from Bobbis twat then someone point me toward the nearest doctor because I could have sworn that happened.

She wasn't eaten, but was grabbed, yes, and then presumably subdued and hung up in the 'organic storage-battery' shower-type place.

It was pretty sick.