Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

bobjr posted:

Salem's lot could be a good movie, but they would have to set it in it's original time period I think. I haven't put too much thought into it, but I think that's probably better than modernizing it.

Reading The Institute was weird, because it both felt like classic Stephen King AND had multiple Trump digs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I’m reading The Outsider now and absolutely loving it. I have a feeling the explanation of the central mystery is going to disappoint me but that’s ok. I wanted to celebrate an excellent opening and escalation of mystery for now.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

RCarr posted:

You’ll know exactly when it takes a nosedive.

I enjoyed the ending, but struggled with the middle of The Outsider. It just lost its narrative drive for me after one of the key events in the story.