Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weedle
May 31, 2006

He's genuinely entertaining when he's ripping into a horrible old game, but I usually close the video once he gets to the part where he beats something up and/or shits on it.

edit: everyone else said this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

His name is Yahtzee and he is a SA Goon.

His webseries is called Zero Punctuation and it's on some site, I dunno. I just type in "Zero Punctuation" in Google and it's the first hit. Every Wednesday he makes a new one.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation

AVGN is funnier.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Y-Hat posted:

I wish I hadn't smashed my Oktoberfest beer mug when I was drunk and angry. I don't think the bar is having them this year so I missed out.

Didn't they also make the Wolverine and X-Men NES game? The company with the rainbow logo? They just love striking out.

Very enjoyable review, it's one of my favorites. Simple, straightforward, and sprinkled with movie clips.

No, LJN were the assholes behind Wolverine and X-Men. Wayne's World, The Terminator, and Prototype were developed by Radical Entertainment.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Enigmatic Cardboard posted:

Reviewers only review on a scale of 8-10 anymore. Any lower and the game is total trash.

The reality is that most reviewers that use a 10 scale, as well as most of the people that read those reviews, associate it with an academic percentage scale in which 90%-100% is great, 80% is good, 70% is okay, 60% is disappointing, and anything below that is just bad.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I'm surprised he didn't mention David Lynch's Mulholland Dr. or the Terry Gilliam documentary Lost in La Mancha.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I had California Games for the Atari Lynx. Yes, I had an Atari Lynx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Captain Charisma posted:

I just got into this a couple of weeks ago through StumbleUpon and it's really great. I just wished he did more games from consoles that came after NES.

Also dump the terrible loving theme song.

E: Oh yeah also the stupid gimmicks and skits!

The theme song grates on me as well (although the occasional instrumental covers are pretty good), but he hardly ever does the skits anymore. I guess he finally realized that most people don't think it's funny to watch him pretend to literally poo poo on things, and would rather hear him talk about the games the whole time.

• Locked thread