Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!
I am currently buying a co-op and the sheer amount of information that the bank is requesting is ridiculous. I had to write four letters signed by various people at my job assuring them that the information I submitted to them is valid. Apparently credit scores of 780+, pay stubs, bank statements, and tax returns is not enough for them.

This whole process is taking forever (45+ days for a commitment letter with ~30 conditions to be met) and the rates are constantly going up each day. Is there any end in sight to the rates going up within the next couple of weeks?

I am at the point where I don't even give a poo poo about the rate. I just want this nightmare to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Rates are up again today :cry:

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Rates were down today :swoon:

Do you guys think we can keep this downward momentum after the whirlwind that was the last two weeks?

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Just got my closing date and locked in.

I am buying a co-op so the rates are a bit higher (Fannie Mae's mortgage penalty for people moving into lower price residences is absurd). I ended up getting 5.25% with 1 point.

I suppose it could have been worse when the rates were creeping around 6% earlier this month.