Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Why not set last_cell to be the actual cell and then use last_cell.address ?

Phone posting so I haven't tried the code, but I'd expect that the issue comes from assigning a cell address directly to a variable which might not result in the expected type of string...

Edit: After quick test the above doesn't seem to be the case, cell.address seems to return a nice boring string in A1 format with dollars.

Shazback fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Feb 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
If you just want to check for an item in a cell [A1] that there is at least one match in a column [B] :

= Countifs( B:B , A1 ) > 0

This formula can be extended down (to replace A1 by A2 in the calculation in the next line) or expanded (if you have other criteria to determine if a row should be true or false), and if you want to match an exact number of times you can just change the equivalence at the end (exactly one match being " = 1 " as you'd expect).

Is this what you were looking for?

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

double nine posted:

is there conditional formatting formula that allows for

- highlighting odd cells (i.e. ignore every other row)
- only if those cell values are less than 2

at the same time?

I can't find a way to combine ODD(ROW())=ROW() with a logical function that checks the cell contents for the value > 2

For example from row E4:

= And( modulo( Row(E4) , 2 ) , E4 > 2 )