Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Zugzwang posted:

And the first thing she does when I get back from a trip is...stick her face in my shoe:

My cat sticks her head in my shoes too. She must like the smell? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl
My current wallpaper - some goon's cat.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Does this count? :3:

EDIT: Oh god the tables! :gonk: I could have sworn I posted the resized one.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Vrooooommmmm

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

I love the dog in the background just following with his head like, "what the gently caress?"

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

Hungry Bit posted:

Vrooooommmmm

Hahaha, that is great.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

MagicAlex posted:

I love the dog in the background just following with his head like, "what the gently caress?"

that's one hell of a dog.

I'm gonna try this with my cat.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Hungry Bit posted:

Vrooooommmmm

Every time I watch it it gets funnier. Oh god my sides hurt.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

Hungry Bit posted:

Vrooooommmmm

This picture is a perpetual giggle loop: The more I look at it, the harder I laugh

Adrianics has a new favorite as of 21:52 on Oct 13, 2009

The Stupid Hat
May 6, 2007
Just here to lurk

This is my cat, Lilly. Her favorite things are pretty much hanging out on this barstool, eating kitty treats and tormenting the younger cat, Tsu. She will also pose for pictures if somebody pulls out a camera.

A black person
Oct 3, 2007

Bender, stop shutting the hell up!

kimbo305 posted:

that's one hell of a dog.

I'm gonna try this with my cat.

One time I spilled some water on the floor and used my cat to mop it up because he was right there. He just didn't give a gently caress.

hamburgerbreakfast
Apr 19, 2007

We're d-d-d-doomed.

Raspberry Bang posted:

My cat does this as well! He likes to lay with his face in them and then roll around all over them. Sometimes, when he's playing with his feather wand, he'll just lay on top of my shoes, shove his nose inside and keep on playing like the shoe is his own personal oxygen mask. I do not understand this.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
They like shoes because they like smelly things. Shoes smell like people, and if it's their people's shoes, it's extra exciting because it smells like someone they like.

edit: also here is my cat sleeping on a printer. :3: He doesn't even fit.

Eggplant Wizard has a new favorite as of 04:30 on Oct 14, 2009

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

A black person posted:

One time I spilled some water on the floor and used my cat to mop it up because he was right there. He just didn't give a gently caress.

I wish I had a tolerant sponge cat. Mine would fang me.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

My big ol' orange cat. He's been through a lot in the 3 years I've had him. Fights with my other cat resulting in several abcesses (they get along now), got bit on the butt by a dog, had a respiratory infection that almost killed him, and I ran over him with my truck (It cost $5,000 to put him back together). He's doing awesome now, and so far he's had a healthy, uneventful year.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
That cat is thug.

edit: Found a picture of my cat!

SyRauk has a new favorite as of 10:03 on Oct 14, 2009

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Looks like we found the mother of downscat.

I'm a sucker for Maine Coons.

But Josephine is still the best (she's a forest cat). She's quite a bit insane, unfortunately. She likes to lie on top of me when I'm napping on my back and look directly into my eyes with her big black dilated pupils and slowly push her claws into my chest.

pai-thagoras
Feb 9, 2006

Foxy stoat seeks pig.
I currently have two Moggies with smart little tuxedos on.

This is Vlad, he is not very camera friendly...

And his brother Elvis, who is an attention whore and rather stupid.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Raspberry Bang posted:

One of mine sticks his head into any bag you bring back home. I think he expects some kind of gift every time...

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Shai-Hulud posted:

One of mine sticks his head into any bag you bring back home. I think he expects some kind of gift every time...

In my experience this means you have a cat.

brewkakke
Aug 1, 2009

by Fistgrrl
One of my sister's cats and "The Peanut Experiment"

A multi-exposure of my sister's other psycho cat. This was taken over a period of two minutes.

Petah
Aug 24, 2006

Keeping the American Imperialists at bay since 1948

brewkakke posted:

A multi-exposure of my sister's other psycho cat. This was taken over a period of two minutes.

The top picture looks cool but it's too small for me to see what's really going on. Is he dumping a box full of packaging on a cat?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I like how the distribution of the peanuts is a ring, and not a gaussian or something.

President Raygun
Mar 7, 2007
Aim for the heart, or you'll never stop me
The cat was totally humiliated by this haircut. I found these pics on an old hard drive, goddamn I miss him :cry:

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

There used to be green cats but they turned into plants because they slept too much.

brewkakke posted:

I would be very grateful for higher res versions of these two if you have them??

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

President Raygun posted:

The cat was totally humiliated by this haircut. I found these pics on an old hard drive, goddamn I miss him :cry:

Aww, poor little fella looked so undignified. :3:

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

brewkakke posted:

Your sister's house looks awesome! Also, how would one take a picture similar to the second one?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

SyRauk posted:

Your sister's house looks awesome! Also, how would one take a picture similar to the second one?

I also would like to know this. I thought I was cool when I learned long-exposure stuff, but this is better.

cadex
Jun 6, 2003

Operationally, God is beginning to resemble not a ruler but the last fading smile of a cosmic Cheshire Cat.

tyane
Nov 16, 2008

Always Outnumbered,
Never Outgunned
Tibbs chowin down on some tuna.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja

President Raygun posted:

Looks almost exactly like my friends old roommates cat, Skanks. Skanks got hit by a car earlier this year or late last year though :(

ErictheRedd
Aug 11, 2008

At least with him we know what's coming.
These are my four cats. First up: Stewart. He's gay and also a vegetarian. We don't tell him there's meat in his food.

His sister, Lulu. She loves to lay like this on the couch.

The next is Fran. She's very long.

Then the newest addition: Tiger-bot Hesh. He's part Siamese, as you can tell.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

SyRauk posted:

How would one take a picture similar to the second one?

Get a digital camera with a manual mode, a tripod, and a room in which you can keep the light constant. Figure out the appropriate exposure settings for the camera, including manually setting the white balance. Set it up on the tripod. Either use a remote trigger or a soft touch to shoot repeated pictures without shifting the camera at all.

When you load all those photos into photoshop, their backgrounds should be exactly the same and the lighting should be consistent between them. Starting with the top layer, delete everything that isn't the subject. Because the lighting and backgrounds are the same, the subject from any one photo will appear to fit seamlessly into any of the other photos.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

RolandTower posted:

Get a digital camera with a manual mode, a tripod, and a room in which you can keep the light constant. Figure out the appropriate exposure settings for the camera, including manually setting the white balance. Set it up on the tripod. Either use a remote trigger or a soft touch to shoot repeated pictures without shifting the camera at all.

When you load all those photos into photoshop, their backgrounds should be exactly the same and the lighting should be consistent between them. Starting with the top layer, delete everything that isn't the subject. Because the lighting and backgrounds are the same, the subject from any one photo will appear to fit seamlessly into any of the other photos.

You kids and your electronic cameras. :colbert:

The REAL way to do this is crank down the aperature, and shoot multiple exposures onto the same peice of film without advancing the crank.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

RolandTower posted:

Of course this is all contingent on having a cat that doesn't immediately approach and try to knock over any tripod he sees.

AfricanBurrito
May 12, 2005

"I bagged this one in the Serengeti!"

This 13 year old guy right here is awesome. He had recently given himself a hematoma on his ear, and when it drained it messed his ear shape up permanently. He was my first purchase with my first paycheck. His name is Goku :ssj: Hey, I was a kid when I got him.

And this spastic cat kinda grew on me once I got used to her crazy personality. Her name is Harley Quinn.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
My Himalayan, Misha:

he's a right huge motherfucker.

SPACE TARDBOY
Dec 18, 2008

by angerbotSD

ErictheRedd posted:

Then the newest addition: Tiger-bot Hesh. He's part Siamese, as you can tell.

That's the best name for a cat ever. Shamelessly stolen from the snapshot a day thread in the dorkroom

nonanone posted:

Dr. Needleman
Jan 26, 2004

we been livin' through your internet

cadex posted:

Is there a better picture of this somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Dr. Needleman posted:

Is there a better picture of this somewhere?