Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
My parents are rescuers and over the last 7 years they've accumulated quite a motley crew of felines. The unadoptables and the un-let-goables.

Here are a "few":

Stanley. This was taken by sticking my camera INSIDE of my LL Bean tote after I noticed an orange plume sticking out.

Richard (or Ringo more commonly). My dad took this one of Ringo with his tail in an "interesting" place. Oh dad :rolleyes:

(Ringo and Stan are siblings)

This is my precious, wonderful Penelope. A rescue with epilepsy. She had to be put down this past May at 9 years old because, ironically, the meds for her seizures destroyed her kidneys. I am still devastated by her loss. She was one of a kind

Calvin. In the laundry. This is one of the world's sweetest cats. He came in our door a little cotton ball of a kitten who didn't have good chances. He made it (along with his brother, Hobbes) and is the sweetest man.

Albert. A face only a mother could love! Which is why we kept him. My mom turned around halfway to the shelter after he went "mew" at her. He's a huge fellow, but so sweet.

Frederick. A black tom no one wanted. Their loss.

OK not mine. But this hamcat is Rocky, my boyfriend's cat. He sadly left us a few months ago. But he was a cute pudger.

Katie and Sebastian, our fluffy, defiant manxes. (I can't find bigger)

My Henry as a kitten. He and his sister Tabitha make up # 3 and 4 of our manx collection.

My parents have a load more, but I should quit while I am (maybe) ahead.

Bonus Albert!

(Waffle won't load, sorry)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Trig Discipline posted:

Orange male cats are the best cats, hands down. Congratulations.

In all my years of cat ownership and cat loving, there is nothing I have found that is more true than the above statement.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

lmao zebong posted:

This is my cat, Gracie.

My Charlotte is teeny, too. We think she may have been taken away from mommy cat too soon.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Bahama.Llama posted:

From some blog I read (can't remember which one): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McNRDGwitts

I totally :neckbeard: -ed when I saw that. Completely unexpected.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Esteban almost needs his own thread. :3:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

EsmereldaBlubbitz posted:

This cat thinks he is a Christmas tree ornament..

The irony in this pic of Henry in palpable.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
In my family, it is a travesty to give a cat a non-human name.

My bf just adopted a kitten who was already named Dooley. We are letting him keep that name, though, because it just so happens to be the name of our alma mater's head football coach.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Oh I am in love with George. That handsome little man.

I :h: black cats soooo much. We have a little gentleman named Frederick who is just a lovely little fellow. Is George a serious kitty most of the time? Fred is such a serious man. But sometimes we catch him being silly.

This is Fred being very serious.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

d6r9b posted:

Hmmm

Please tell me where you found that collar. It would be perfect for my bf's new kitten.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

The Fresh Prince posted:

Hey yo Heintron Prince looks like my girlfriends cat Lovey.

Oh, I teared up at this. Lovey looks soooo much like my dear Penny I lost in May. Give her hugs!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Kammat posted:

We'll miss you little guy.

No...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Purple_slug posted:

Charlie and Barney and :3:

Just to echo others, you are so good for taking in kitties who need you. As I am sure others have and will testify to, pets you save are almost always the best pets. My parents do rescue and all of our best cats and dogs have been dumpster and street rescues.

You have no idea how much I want to pet and hug those guyzos.

And that poor pregnant kitty. She's about to pop. I hope they come soon!!!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Apple Jax posted:

I still can't believe how popular our stupid cat has become. HE WILL NEVER KNOW.

I totally told my boyfriend I was going to need him to come in on Caturday. :colbert:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Druggachusettes posted:

Best one yet. /\

My cat Garfunkel helping me with homework:

Wanna hug dat orange cat :3:

Reminds me of when I came to visit my folks once for spring break and had to fix all the edits on a poster I was going to present the following week at a conference. I had the marked up print spread on the kitchen floor. This thing was big, like 3'x4'. But my cat Penny was not to be intimidated. She got square in the middle, on her tummy, and proceeded to stttrreeeeetttcchhhh out as much as she could over that poster.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Jibo posted:

If I didn't know better, it completely looks like someone turned on the tap and filled the sink with cat.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Grumples McTank is lovely. You're lovely for giving him a home.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Meow Meow Meow posted:

I just brought this little purr-monster home from the shelter on Wednesday, he's the cutest. His name is Nugz. :3:

You can just tell they are so happy to have a home.

My boyfriend got a shelter kitten back in November. He was just dropping off a donation and hadn't planned on adopting (his kitty had passed away a few months prior) but this kitten's name was Dooley and since that is the name of our alma mater's head football coach, he took it as a sign and took him home. Dooley has not let a single moment pass without showing his extreme gratitude for finally having a home.

This is the only pic I have right now. This is right when he came home. My bf is horrible about taking pictures. So this was right before this past Thanksgiving so he's a lot bigger now, but still oh so cute and soooooo sweet.

edit: drat image attachments

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

MindlessHavok posted:

That's awesome. I used to have a cat named Smokey :hfive:

The kitty who passed away a few months before he got Dooley?

Rocky. :)

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I just noticed this thread is two years old today.

Two Headed Kitty aka CatCat:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Screaming Idiot posted:

One fine day with a purr and a purr, a baby was born and it caused a little stir
No blue bunny, no three-eyed frog
A feline, feline little CatCat

It loses a little something with alteration. :downs:

I posted it on my facebook, too, and I almost made a similar reference, but I didn't think anyone would remember that show :(

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Screaming Idiot posted:

Meh, gently caress those people, that was the only children's show that tackled the complex issues of race, disabilities, and a dog's love for filthy garbage and Mexican food.

Seriously.

Actually one of my friends made a CatDog reference to the pic and I remembered why he's been such an awesome friend for 15 years.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Henry in mid-yawn. The fact that his eyes are open makes this look kinda freaky. He also looks like he doesn't have any teeth!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Poor thing isn't going to stay healthy if they let her stay that big :(

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

LokiAlthorin posted:

Walked in on kitten meeting.

"State your business or BE GONE!"

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Ozz81 posted:

If ever there was a cat in need of a tiny kitty top hat and tie, this one is it :3:

One word: Monocle.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Antioch posted:

Balloo was not happy about the shark costume. He pretty much laid down and did nothing until I took it off him. Then he bit me for good measure.

Well, you did want him to be a shark.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
My parents have a true calico and a tortie both with stubby kitty tails. They're soooo cute :3: Is Rowan a total sweetheart? Every calico I've met is a total sweetie pie.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Yep. That sums up my parents' calicos, except they do no mind being picked up. When I was at home a while back my bf stopped by and the true calico forced me off the couch so she could cuddle with him. Never got on his lap, but practically entwined herself on his arm!

The tortie will chase you around the house for lovin'.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Well, I'd post a picture of my black, tail-less kitty, Tabitha, but she will not hold still long enough for me to get a rump shot! But here is her brother Henry when he was a baby:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
My Charlotte got carried away in her game of "Swat Mommy through the Shower Curtain" and fell right in. She's not usually uncool with water, but she was taken aback by that. And I think she was just embarrassed she fell in.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
"Holy Christ It's A Piece of Paper" is the motto of my apartment.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Flyinglemur posted:

^^^^ those cats are awesome.

I just got home from the vet...was a routine checkup for our two adults cats. It triggered a panic attack in the male cat and he never recovered :( He started wheezing really badly and his lungs filled up with fluid. As they were X-raying him they found a mass on his heart and his heart stopped and they couldn't get it started again. This was a complete shock as he had no outward symptoms of anything wrong.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer here. Still in shock :(

Edit:

Here is the most recent pic I have:

I am sending you the biggest :sympathy: I can. That is a total shock, you poor thing.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

If this cat isn't named Harvey, there's something wrong with the owners.

The chances of that being a male cat are slim. However, a female cat named Harvey is kinda cute. Kinda like the PI regular who named his little girl Ed.

And you'd almost have to for the Batman points anyhow.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Embiggen posted:

Tuxedo Cat

Not since Emilio the Business Cat have I seen such a dapper feline.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry I thought you were a dude, Abbeh. I know you're not a dude, but I thought Ed's owner was. So many SA kitties!!!

I :h: Ed so much.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

minato posted:

And I thought I was jealous of my cats' lifestyle.

I mean look at all this fun:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I'd love to convince my cats to drink from a hamster bottle.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Embiggen posted:

I make the same face with shoes I like.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
When I was a kid we had a Siamese for nearly 20 years and she went deaf in her later years. After that, she LOVED being vacuumed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

HandsomeBen posted:

Dear lord I'm going to be out of commission for like a week when my cat eventually kicks the bucket.

It's OK. I was down for a long time when my Penelope died, especially since it was unexpected. Don't let anyone tell you to not grieve. I had people try to tell me "oh it was just a cat". Eff them. She was my child.