Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

Hideki! You have so many side dishes. Can Chii be your main course?
This is an adorable random pic from my hard drive:

This was the best pusscat ever to live, Smudges AKA Pusscat and also this is evidence that you don't need a fancy studio, we were taking eBay pics with a tripod, a macro setting, and a white sheet on the couch which of course attracted Pusscat to the scene.

She was as sweet and beautiful in spirit as she looks here.

She was also hosed up, she loved it when we smacked her butt really hard, she would get all riled up and kick herself in the head violently with her back paw. I miss her, she was my childhood cat and only died about a year ago.

Our current cat, Lola AKA Bowser AKA Pusscat is differently insane.

She refuses to drink any other water we provide for her, it's gotta be from the toilet. Gross cat.

And this was probably taken moments before shredding daddy for an imagined transgression.

Love this thread by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

This cutie was prowlin' across the street the other day, I saw he had a collar so I went outside and called to him, he came right over to say hi and wanted some pettin.

... until he saw my cat shooting daggers at him from my screen door.

I managed to get a picture of them as they were trying to beat down the door to kill each other. I have never heard my girl make such unearthly sounds before.

Ottoman has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Oct 14, 2010

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

Nexus-6 posted:

This is Coconut:

[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/2916cbfca518ef9fdac65c9a48b1914b1234e74f/photo (2).jpg[/img
Might want to fix the BBcode, because this is a pretty kitty!

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Got this in an email today, and just started cracking up. Cats truly are assholes..

I had a cat that loved gum and toothpaste. I believe catnip and mint are related (hence catnip sometimes being called catmint), and so this cat is sucking catdrugs right off his owners' ill-rinsed toothbrushes!

For Christmas my boyfriend and I went to his dad's house, and his brother was visiting from out of town and brought his kitty. This kitty is not friendly outside of her home, but my guy and I love kitties so we peeked in the bedroom door and at first we didn't see her at all. Then we saw the laser eyes surveying us enemy intruders.

Bonus picture of my kitty looking pretty:

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

King Lazer posted:

Abysinnians are my favorites ... I heard they often cooperate in their mischief-making, this awesomeness only proves it. Also the one on the right looks like it's hypnotized and/or REALLY tripping on :catdrugs:

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

Taken from this thread about kitty moms-to-be. The thread started out about a different cat but the link is to the first post regarding the lady pictured above. It is a thread that started out kind of :smith: but is now totally excited for impending kitten explosion :3:

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

Woke up to our little gal trying to get comfy on my old stuffed animals. (Gotta figure out how to wash that giant bunny ... !)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ottoman has a new favorite as of 15:26 on Apr 10, 2011

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

This is incredibly cool, I can't believe a cat would actually be able to perceive that illusion.

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

Perhaps this kitty has some form of synesthesia? In any case this video is incredible.

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

In regards to breeding: I've been watching lots of random Youtube documentaries recently and I found some really interesting documentaries about dogs. I'm not a huge fan of dogs but I like them and their history is really fascinating. I couldn't find the video I was thinking of (which talks about how looking at 100-year old pictures of bulldogs, how they look really sturdy and healthy and now their features have exaggerated to have the smushed faces etc.). However this one talks about all aspects of breeding, including bad by-products such as health and behavior. I wondered if there was any correlation to cat breeding.

So then I came across a similar video on cats. From the look of the video it's got to be at least 20 years old. It's dated and some parts are disturbing (showing an actual declawing, yuck) but it also has this interesting notion of poor choices in dog breeding being a warning for all these crazy cat breeds coming into style. Then I found another much more recent video about the same thing. (Note: on the second video, skip the whole middle part about the breeder lady. She is ... fuckin creepy.)

I love the appearance of many of the purebred cats, like Abyssinnians, Siamese, even the Sphynx. My boyfriend's aunt spent a bundle of money on an Egyptian Mau which is a beautiful animal but she's also got a bunch of rescues who are just as awesome. You need not look far to find a new pet. You will find one outside or from an acquaintance. Or if you're really looking for one right now, go to shelters (a lot of pet stores now also features shelter animals for adoption), you will find an amazing animal. There is no need to spend a bunch of money on a designer breed when there are plenty of awesome kitties (or doggies if you like!) in need right now.

Here is a picture of my jerk, Pusscat, who was adopted from a friend because she didn't get along with his other cats. She is very sensitive to people and not a huge cuddler. Here she is chilling with her daddy because she loves him more than me, goddammit.

She came with the name Lola which is on her vet information. But my boyfriend insists her name is Bowser because that's hilaaaaaarious. So, "Pusscat" it is. She responds to it, too.

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

Catts posted:

:aaaaa:
I thought I was the only one.

I call all cats Pusscat - cats seem to respond to sibilance (the "s" and "t" sounds, which consist of high frequencies) and the other sharp letters in the name seem to help get her attention. At this point I think my cat thinks her name is more like "Puska" the way I end up pronouncing it. We sometimes also call her "Pussycat." This general combination of sounds lets her know you are addressing her.

I feel like people end up calling cats the same old nicknames because often their "proper" name is not ear-catching to the cat. T.S. Eliot would have you know that cats actually have a third name on top of their common name and proper name, though.

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

OK, I found this in my email from Etsy. Cool idea but I want one for me, not just for the cat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

Forgall posted:

Right next to electric socket? :raise:

Water fountains need to be plugged in.