Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roulette
Sep 17, 2006
Ugh that feeling when you've been trying and you have clockwork cycles but your period is mysteriously late but you keep getting negative tests and you just feel like you're going to get your period any second so you stress yourself out and make your period take even longer to show up... Way to troll me body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roulette
Sep 17, 2006
You never want to hear from the doctor, "You are technically pregnant but...." and in this case my HCG is just super low so it's not looking good. I have to retest tomorrow to see if there's improvement and they've given me progesterone suppositories which I guess might help but man this is a crappy feeling. I'm 34 and been trying for ages and I just want to be excited about this, not waiting to bleed out. :sigh:

Roulette
Sep 17, 2006
Tested again yesterday and lost the pregnancy. :( Also found out my TSH is high but I have Hashimoto's so this is a constant struggle but obviously that didn't help the situation. Good timing that I happen to have an endo appointment on Tuesday that was scheduled six months ago.

I guess we'll just keep trying but man that was exciting for like two days!

Roulette
Sep 17, 2006

Higgy posted:

Wow, so I spoke far too soon. I was excited. :smith:

Tested over the next couple days just to confirm and all came back negative. Wife started her period, albeit a weird start (her words) and then we had the doctor's appointment which confirmed the negative result. Onwards and upwards, I guess...this was a heartbreaking week.

Right there with ya buddy :sadpeanut:

At least what I can take from the experience is how my partner and I both reacted and how it really did solidify our desire to be parents now. It's given us a lot to talk about and get excited about for the future despite it not working out this time. Best of luck to you guys!

Roulette
Sep 17, 2006
Woke up this morning with an alert that I would be getting my period today. Thought about it and realized I hadn't had any PMS or spotting so I thought I'd take a test just for the hell of it and well...two lines! This happened last year as well and by the end of the fifth week my numbers had fizzled out and I had a chemical miscarriage. Last time though that second line was hella faint and I had to really look at an angle to even see it. This time there was no mistaking the second line and I'm only 4 weeks in so fingers crossed that darker line ends with better results. Currently waiting to hear back from the lab with my HCG/progesterone numbers. This has been a long time coming and I'm slightly terrified but I really really hope this one sticks!

Edit: 3w6d along, levels look good this time around so fingers crossed I make it to 12w now!

Roulette fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 22, 2017

Roulette
Sep 17, 2006
I'm not a woo person at all, and I advice everyone take this with a grain of skeptic salt, however I have been struggling with infertility and horrible PMS for years and read something last year about Chasteberry supplements to help with the awful mood swings of PMS. Well, I took it for a few months and while it did help with my grumpiness, it also gave me really strong periods. I decided to lay off it for a month and low and behold, I get knocked up.

Now, I'm not saying it's 100% the reason obviously, but if anyone is curious about helpful pills, you may want to look into Chasteberry. I used the generic Vitamin Shoppe ones that run about $10 a bottle and took one a day for a few months. Just wanted to pass on my experience!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roulette
Sep 17, 2006

bee posted:

Just in case someone reading this isn't aware - some herbal supplements can interact with fertility medication so talk to your doctor before you start taking them :)

Yes good catch! I was not taking any fertility medication at all so I have no idea how supplements would affect them. Again, I urge you to be skeptical but you know, research if you want to.

• Locked thread