Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006
Here's another one chiming in for trying. We're on about three months right now and it's been SO disappointing when the period appears. I'm not doing any of that temperature tracking or anything, I feel like that would make it more of a chore than it is.

Krysie posted:

a woman's orgasm actually facilitates the movement of the sperm.

And this is my problem. This never ever happens for me during the actual act, so I hope it's not THAT important. Someone reassure me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006
^ Yeah, I get what you're saying. Well, fingers crossed anyway.

I am trying so hard not to freak my husband out with this OH MY GOD BABIES thing. I reckon another month without success and it's ovulation kit time.

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006

SKeefe posted:

Trying to get pregnant sucks. When you look around and see babies everywhere, especially people who have unwanted and unplanned children, it seems like it is so easy to get pregnant. It sucks for us though.

This is the worst. I see those shows about fourteen year old mothers and they make me all :argh: :( :cry:

It's so bad, when characters in TV shows/movies find out they are pregnant, I get sniffly. I feel CRAZY. They're not even real people!

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006

Longpig posted:

3 days past ovulation now... Here comes the parade of psychosomatic symptoms!

I will be right there with you! Good luck!

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006
Congrats Aardvarklet!

I am feeling decidedly un-pregnant. Dammit.

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006
This is how my week went: peeing an awful lot, hope!, oh it actually kind of hurts, oh drat, UTI.

I hate you, body. What's up with that? :colbert:

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006
Congratulations Lannie!

I think I'm going to have some trouble here. My cycles are not regular at all. The last three have been 34, 32 and 39 days. I'm not expecting them to right themselves because they were like this before I went on birth control. Looks like I'm going to be pretty much buying shares in the ovulation strip companies!

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006
Well, no babies for me. :( Got my period last night, went to bed, woke up in complete agony a few hours later (the pain actually woke me up), writhed around pathetically for hours (no painkillers in the whole house), didn't sleep, and took half the day off work. Seriously, it was the worst pain I've ever been in. I honestly thought something was wrong with me. Body, you are LAME.

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006
Since going off the pill, my skin has gone back to being really bad.

Plus, I got a clear LH surge on the OPK test, but no temp rise, no cervical fluid, nothing. It's the first month I've ever charted, so I'm not sure if it's happened before.

It has been a very stressful month, so that may be why. I'm really hoping it's not an ongoing issue. The lack of ovulation plus the teenager skin is making me crazy.

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006
For about six or seven months. Maybe it is normal, but I am getting rather impatient. I'm sure it's at least partially due to stress though, I have had a really stressful month. I guess it is the body's way of saying "you've got too much going on right now, I hereby ban you from doing any more". Or something.

Also, I must throw in my approval of TCOYF. It was very informative.

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006
Congrats Pixi! :dance:

I think I might stop trying at this point, it's all just driving me crazy.

Won't be popping my head in here for a while I think.

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006
Well, the time has come! Two separate tests tell me that yes, I am up the duff.

Woooohooooooo! It feels like I've been waiting forever.

Except now I am very, very paranoid that something will go wrong.

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006

Alterian posted:

We've decided not to focus on it anymore. I'm not going to be tracking my temp and worrying because it just gets so taxing. I mean I know when I'm going to ovulate from my cervical mucous so I know when we should have sex, but we're not going to focus so much on it.

I think this is a good idea. I was stressing really badly about it, and focusing on it all the time, and it was just doing me no good whatsoever. I had been spending loads of money on taking pre-natals for 10 months, trying to prepare, and not drinking any alcohol at all. Then my husband and I moved house and went through a really stressful time trying to find somebody to take over our lease, and there were just so many things going on at the time that getting knocked up was totally not in my mind. I ended up running out of pre-natals (and didn't get more because I was sure nothing would happen) and had a few drinks and that is when I found out I was pregnant.

I honestly think that there is truth in the whole "it'll happen when you stop thinking about it" thing. I don't know why. But what you said about focusing on living a healthy lifestyle is, I think, a great idea. It is good to have another goal to focus your energy on, and to keep your mind busy. Just "not thinking about it" is waaaay easier said than done.

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006
Yay Longpig! Sending you lots of good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006

Grayscale Rainbow posted:

Yay! Congratulations!

I go in for IUI take 3 today. Yesterday they checked my ovaries for follicle goodness, and there was goodness to be found. I was also informed that the persistent cyst on my right ovary is 4 freaking centimeters. Yes, that's about two inches. At first I thought the nurse misspoke and meant millimeters, but nope, centimeters. To this I responded "That can't be good." But apparently the only problem (and I made sure this was super-confirmed) is that when it ruptures it's going to hurt like an SOB. Pain I don't care about, I can deal with it, it just seemed like a cyst that big would cause other problems. However, since it isn't raising my estrogen levels it isn't a problem apparently. The human body is interesting.

A little cyst anecdote: I have a cyst that is about 9x6cm (last time we checked) on my right ovary. It literally has not caused me any problems at all - we only discovered it when I went for an early scan when I found out I was pregnant. They thought it would go away after the baby was born, but it hasn't. I'm having it removed because I don't want it to rupture or twist because OUCH. But yeah, I haven't even noticed that it's there. Bodies are weird.

Good luck with the IUI! :)

• Locked thread