Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sodaqui
Apr 7, 2007
Gasp! The Bunnies...

Alterian posted:

I guess I'll join in on this thread. Both me and my husband are 26 and decided it was time to start trying.

If you want really good vitamins, these are pretty awesome. I'm taking these ones now: http://www.supernutritionusa.com/productpages/simply_one_women.html

and when I get pregnant I plan on taking their prenatal. They're suppose to be really good for helping alleviate morning sickness. http://www.supernutritionusa.com/productpages/simply_one_prenatal.html

WAH! Don't take that pre natal vitamin!!!!!!

It has Vitamin A in it which is a major NO NO when you are pregnant as it causes birth defects.

There are 2 'levels' of pre natal vitamins options:
1) Plain old folate, cheap, effective and if you can't afford a pregnancy multi this is an awesome place to start to reduce the chance of spina bifida.
This should ideally be taken before pregnancy too (starting 3 months before starting trying to conceive is best but if not, don't stress, start as soon as you find out you're pregnant!)

2) Pregnancy multivitamin. Ideally take this before conception too. A good pregnancy multivitamin will contain both folate AND iodine. Recent studies have shown iodine to be almost as important as folate as iodine helps nerves and the thyroid develop

As for morning sickness...if you're looking for a natural option. Ginger is the go.

**Disclaimer: I am only a final year pharmacy student and have only done around 6 hours of multivitamin training and education so these are probably good starting guidelines but chatting to a pharmacist is advised**

But if you're going to take anything out of this post:
a) Vitamin A supplements in pregnancy are bad
b) Folate good and cheap (even before conception!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread