Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TinuvielDancing
Jun 19, 2008
Hi everyone! My partner and I are planning to start trying around September and I'm super excited. I talked with my gynecologist about it--she recommended going of the birth control three months before we plan to start trying and starting on prenatals a month before I go off the birth control. That means I start taking the prenatals next month!

I'm a little nervous because I've been on birth control pretting much constantly for 11 years now because I get exploding ovarian cysts if I'm not on it. Hopefully that hasn't wonked with my reproductive system too badly, and hopefully I won't be all cysty in the months between going off the birth control and getting pregnant.

Congrats to aardvark and good luck to everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinuvielDancing
Jun 19, 2008
thanks for the encouragement bamzilla.

TinuvielDancing
Jun 19, 2008
On the what is it like WANT BABIES NOW! discussion--when my niece was born and I held her for the first time I literally burst into tears and was all "when am I going to have time for this in my life?" I'd always wanted kids..someday. That day I realized I wanted them as soon as possible.

That day was also 8 years ago. I was 19, in college, and I knew that even though I wanted a baby RIGHT NOW, having one would be a bad idea for me at that moment. Every time I see my niece, or a random baby on the subway, I get a pang of that wanting babies feeling. But no, it isn't something that is going to overwhelm my brain causing me to act in irresponsible ways or deceive my partner.

That being said, I'm off my birth control now, on prenatals, and we plan to start trying next month!!!

TinuvielDancing
Jun 19, 2008

Azulita posted:

My sister had serious baby fever right after she got married, but she was 23 and headed to grad school. Now she has her degree and is starting her career and it's her husband who has the baby fever. But they compromised and got a puppy.

Hehe we got a pair of adorable cats last year which helped

quote:

Good luck next month!

Thanks!

TinuvielDancing
Jun 19, 2008
I am trying not to stress out. I went off my birthcontrol at the end of June and haven't gotten a period yet. I've been on it for about 11 years, and I know it takes a while to get back into a normal cycle. I scheduled a doctor's appointment just because it seemed to make sense. I figured they'd do a pregnancy test and tell me not to worry, I'm just still dealing with the after effects of the birth control.

Instead, before even asking me if it was possible if I was pregnant (which is weird because that is usually the first thing doctors ask me even when I am on bc) she asked me why I had been put on the birth control in the first place. I told her (I have a tendency to get ovarian cysts that rupture when I'm not on bc) and she asked me if I'd ever been tested for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which is apparently the leading cause of female infertility.

I'm pretty sure I don't have POS after looking up more about the symptoms, but I'm waiting on the test results.

TinuvielDancing
Jun 19, 2008

Sally Slug posted:

If you do have PCOS, don't despair. I personally know two people that not only have it, but were using birth control. Both had (happy) surprise babies.

That's good to know Sally, thanks!

TinuvielDancing
Jun 19, 2008
I'd assumed I'd need to get at least one period before I'd get pregnant. Guess not. Thanks for sharing!

TinuvielDancing
Jun 19, 2008
I guess I should start tracking my ovulation then!

Good news: got my test results back today and they are all normal. Yippee for me!

TinuvielDancing
Jun 19, 2008

qentiox posted:

I'm pregnant! I'm pretty excited. Gonna call the doctor Monday.

Yay! Congratulations!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinuvielDancing
Jun 19, 2008
Chickalicious, I'm sorry to hear that!

• Locked thread