Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrispyMini
May 31, 2005
I wonder what the space baby thinks about all this.....?

My husband pushed me back on the baby issue for quite a while too. He said it was the wanting to be financially stable thing, and also to just enjoy time together pre-baby and do the things we wanted to do before that happened. I totally had to suck it up and shut up about my screaming ovaries for quite a long time before he would actually discuss a "when".

We've been together 5 years, and expecting in July. We're 29 and 31. I'm actually really glad that we waited as long as we did. We got to do a bunch of travelling, both of us made significant career progress, and from that, we were able to pay off all of our debts and buy all the toys we wanted. I've also been able to see what our life would be like if we didn't have kids, or weren't able to for whatever reason, and I know that we would still be happily married and able to enjoy life together.

My youngest sister got married at 21, and six years later, she's talking about kids (but her husband wants to wait). The two of them have just finished school and are just starting up careers, but are pretty heavily into debt and unsure about where they are putting down roots. I think they've decided to wait just based on those things, but I know that its a hard decision for my sister- that emotional wanting vs the intellectual choice, especially since I'm expecting.

The "right timing" is different for everyone, but most people I've talked to didn't regret waiting "too long", and I do know a few couples who kind of wished they'd waited a bit longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread