Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DachsieLove
Sep 19, 2005
Well my husband and I have been married 7 years. He still is not on the baby bandwagon, much to my dismay. I've been ready for about five. He keeps saying 6 months for him to ok it, but he's been doing that for at least 3 years. Now he says sometime before he's 30 (he's 27 now). So I guess I'm wondering if you have any brilliant ideas on moving him closer to my goal. No I won't go off the b/c without him knowing because that is just wrong, and not a good start to having children together.

I live vicariously through you all so good luck to everyone who is trying. Also Congrats to those who are actually pregnant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DachsieLove
Sep 19, 2005
He basically says because he's selfish and he likes being able to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it. He loves kids and is great with kids. He says he just doesn't want any of his own yet. I do have to say we've gone from no never to well maybe in the next year or two. But as I said that has been going on for 3 years. I just get very frustrated and depressed about it. I have to say I'm glad he is not like his sister. She says she's never having kids! I just nod and say ok. As I personally just don't understand that sentiment.

DachsieLove
Sep 19, 2005
I have RA and have known for about 6 years. It hasn't sped up my husbands plans any. If you want to keep the plan I'd just keep to the medicine. It helps. I recently went off of mine and I can tell the difference. I'm not as good at taking care of myself as I should be.

On an off not what medicines are you on? I was only on Methotrexate. It works wonders but seriously messes with your system.

DachsieLove
Sep 19, 2005
1) At what point did you decide that you definitely wanted to start trying to have a baby?
I've been ready for several years. My husband is just now a the point where he realizes that this is a sticking point with me and well why the heck not.

When you decided that you wanted to start trying (or had at least set a date for the future), who did you tell?
I'd say last month we had the TALK. Right now we are going for July of next year. I'll try to push it for sooner and he'll try to push it for later. But at least now we have a date.

4) For those of you who set a date for the future, how hard was it for you to wait?
It's killing me to wait even for part of it. Even knowing I need to get myself in a better place physically. Also for my husband to get in a better place of him not being like his father. So we'll see on that one.

Go Chickalicious! *does happy dance at work and gets strange looks*

DachsieLove
Sep 19, 2005
As somebody who has RA my concern is more about having children before I degenerate to badly or am in too much pain to take care of them. I know what risk factors I have and what possible genetic problems my children could have. I still choose to have children.

In my situation I'm 27 have been married 8 years and we are finally talking about kids. It's been a struggle for me because I know my limits and if it were up to me I would have started with children about 5 years ago. I know my RA is getting worse as I am unmedicated for it. This is only because we are talking about the kids soon. I feel that the pain I go through every day is worth children.

If you are going the medication route you will be ok for a long time. Just make sure you are planning your children as the medications can cause some serious defects. I was on Methotrexate and you have to be off of that for at least three months.

With the genetics. Yes it's possible you could pass on RA, or it could turn in to some other autoimmune disease such as Psoriasis or Lupus. Heck my kids will get a double whammy I have the RA and My Husband has Psoriasis. Either way all that matters is that they are loved and parented to the best of your ability.

Yikes what a wall!

DachsieLove
Sep 19, 2005
So we are finally getting to the starting to try stage of life. (If you've seen my post history it's taken a lot of stress to get here.)

I was wondering if Cervical Mucus changes from normal once you get pregnant. If so how soon does it change?

DachsieLove
Sep 19, 2005
I was just wondering how soon a positive test would come up? I'm about 3 days late on a period that comes like clockwork, but every time I've tested it's come up negative. (I think). I read so many of those type of tests a day that I know where the second line should be. I don't get to test first pee of the day as I wake up every 4 hours to pee anyway. So I test first pee at work (free tests are a god send). I also had stupid cramps about a week before my period should have shown up. I've also been nauseous ever since. I'm hoping this is hey I'm pregnant and not hey I'm broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DachsieLove
Sep 19, 2005
It would have been about the 14th. So we'd be about 2 weeks after Fertilization. I just had heard that the tests are more accurate.

• Locked thread