Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«711 »
EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

Hummer Driving enjoyable human being posted:

I'd never heard of the Steps Recorder, so thank you very much for letting me know about it. It looks really useful for a lot of things but I really do think I need to be recording things in real time. I'm trying to make some videos about setting up a FreePBX server so I need to be able to show steps and fill out information while it's being recorded.

I'm sure someone has used a free simple screen recording/highlighted cursor program, it's just that there are so many out there and I haven't come across it yet.

If you are an nvidia owner, GeForce experience can do desktop recording. You could also use OBS, it has a save local copy function, and if it requires a stream just use an unlisted YouTube one. You’d need to add the cursor highlighting after, but you could turn on big mouse cursor in accessibility settings to make that easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

FuzzySlippers posted:

I had totally forgotten about needing to boot UEFI from the USB to install this way so thanks.

Assuming this is Win10, there is a way to convert without wiping now.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-...uefi-windows-10

No idea what will happen in your case though. That's one heck of a jacked config.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005
MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Ok I'm fishing for an app but I have no idea what to even start googling for. I need something that can open/import an image and allow drawing & editing of lines/arrows/whatever along with text notes, and save this without actually altering the imported image. Best way I can describe what I'm doing is taking a map of somewhere and plotting travel paths & making notes about locations on the map. I don't absolutely need features that compute distance or time nor does this need to be something that multiple people can do real time, but having them would be a bonus.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

MREBoy posted:

Ok I'm fishing for an app but I have no idea what to even start googling for. I need something that can open/import an image and allow drawing & editing of lines/arrows/whatever along with text notes, and save this without actually altering the imported image. Best way I can describe what I'm doing is taking a map of somewhere and plotting travel paths & making notes about locations on the map. I don't absolutely need features that compute distance or time nor does this need to be something that multiple people can do real time, but having them would be a bonus.

I think basic PDF markup might do what you need here.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

That's something I use PowerPoint for. I drop in images and point/label things on them for work.

It's a pain exporting back to JPG and there may be some concern about loss of quality.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

MREBoy posted:

Camtasia Jing

Factor Mystic
Mar 19, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

MREBoy posted:

OneNote, and you can do it on the website, and it syncs in near real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005
MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

multiple people posted:

Suggestions

Thanks for the replies , so far the basic edition of OneNote (which comes pre-installed in Win 10 apparently, I didn't know that) is working the best.

«711 »