Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

Stuntman Mike posted:

:aaa: US pricing for the Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack (3 computers) is $150!

Holy poo poo, son. I don't feel bad for missing the preorder now.

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/07/31/windows-anytime-upgrade-and-family-pack-pricing.aspx

Is this a full copy or only an upgrade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

Dbhjed posted:

Is this a full copy or only an upgrade?

I should have clicked on the picture it shows "Upgrade" in the corner when you make it bigger.

but computers running xp can also be upgraded to 7 but you have to do a clean install right?

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy
I just had a Fun night my MSDNAA just got Windows 7 up so I spend the night installing on my pcs. The installs went well besides I had I call Microsoft every time I needed to activate because after the first time it wouldn't let me do it over the net.

Dell Mini 10v(32 bit):
- Installed well
- Had to install touch pad drivers

MacBook(32 bit):
- Tried 64 bit but disk wouldn't work right
- Installed 32 bit well
- Just put in the OS X bootcamp drivers and it runs way better than Vista

Home built PC (64 bit):
- Install took longer than the other
- Everything was seen from default besides my Creative LS sound card (driver was easy to find)

Overall: Windows 7 runs a lot nicer than Vista, my desktop is finally smooth again :)

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy
Here is something dumb Windows 7 is doing, It is randomingly running WinSAT (with is the system Assessment Tool) and it kills areo is there a way to turn this off so it doesn't do this anymore?