Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime
Yeah, as has been demonstrated by a few people, 7 can be made to look almost identical cosmetically to Vista, and most of the underlying software is changed in only a positive direction (including, thank god, the HDD footprint).

But perhaps Nillerz is an EXTREMELY die-hard Sidebar fan? Honestly, I'd quite like the feature back too, if just for docking and using "pages" of gadgets to scroll through using the arrows. But it is by no means a deal-breaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime

LooseChanj posted:

Something tells me that's a joke.

"Compatible with all 16 bit versions"

He said "link to" - their link to "other one" is a legit (pay!) program.

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime
Unless he's European and uses the DD/MM/YYYY system.

Regarding the possible early end, perhaps supplies were exhausted?

Quoth the OP:
"The 50% off promotion in the U.S. and Canada has ended.
The promotion is ON NOW in the UK UNTIL AUGUST 9TH WHILE QUANTITIES LAST!"

MjolnirMan fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 7, 2009

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime

KublaKhan posted:

Thanks for the suggestion with Adobe Reader Lite. Odd thing is that Foxit on my desktop computer works fine but on my laptop it brings up the UAC every time I open a pdf.

You can probably resolve this by going to the EXE, right-clicking, choosing compatibility, and unchecking "run as admin". It must have needed that once to update or something and it stuck; I've seen that kind of thing before.

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime
I have personally Anytime'd from Home Premium to Pro, and Pro to Ultimate, and all it required was entering the key and it made the changes. I did not need a disc or a full reinstall for the higher version.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is in 7, not Vista.

MjolnirMan fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime
"Add-ons for Firefox > All Themes > OS Integration > iPad Glass (140 reviews)"